1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Releasing stress??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yogabear, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    What do you guys and gals do to relieve stress? If you could shape your recommendations to someone who cannot drive and can't see that would be greatly appreciated too! Seeing how that I'm quiting my six year binge from liquor and alchol products that I need somethign to relieve my stress levels without SEX plz for now! Lol, seriously the following ideas have come to my mind:
    a. gym membership e.g. post-public transport application process 14-21 days
    b. buying a yoga mat, yoga pants and dvd (for vi description)
    c. buying a cheap stationary bike ($100.00)
    d. performing normal exercises like crunches, jumping jacks, pushups, and etc. (not ideaal need cardiovascular exercise)

Thanks,

2. FunnyMonkey

Well going for a drive is what works for me the best but I go to the gym and that works I would say do some form of exercise should help you maybe take up a sport like bowling or something. Gook luck!!<3

3. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I'm stressed I usually listen to music. Or go for a walk while listening to music. Lock myself in my room and meditate while listening to music. But yeah... Mooosic! It helps :slight_smile:

Your ideas sound great as well if you've got the money to spend.

4. Mogget

I use progressive muscle relaxation.

Lying flat on your back, breathe slowly in and out so that your stomach rises and falls. Slowly clench your feet and hold them clenched for a few breaths. Then unclench your feet for a few breaths. Then clench your feet and calves for a few breaths. Then unclench. And so on until you're clenching your whole body.

5. Rebellion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd recommend you going to gym, I'm a real nervous person as well and I can assure you working out for two hours works perfectly to keep it down, and I can tell you I'm the kind of person that hates doing exercise, but still I think it's completely necessary, besides, in a few months you'll end up with a better body and it really helps self esteem as well.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mogget's suggestion, along with going to the gym, are excellent suggestions. Many people also find that starting a meditation practice can be really life-changing in terms of reducing stress, because through it you learn, over time, to nearly instantly change the feelings of stress/anxiety that can crop up.

7. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everybody!