1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep having possession dreams.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FranklinK, Feb 3, 2013.

1. FranklinK

For about 5 years now I've had these dreams. They are very vivid and I can feel everything. I even wake up with pains sometimes.

The dreams started out simple and weren't that bad mostly of a shadow pacing around me bed, I could hear the pressure of each footstep in the carpet around my bed and I felt very unsafe.

These have developed over the years into more aggressive dreams - of me being pulled towards the edge or foot of my bed. On other occasions being pushed down into my bed with the feeling of giant weight on my chest followed by paralysis. Usually by the same shadow figure. Sometimes it is visible and sometimes it isn't. I wake up with bruises sometimes and I still can't move until the pressure is lifted.

I didn't want to talk about this with anyone I know because I'm scared they will think I'm crazy, but I'm very very concerned and scared.

I'm not religious by any means - I'm not even spiritual. I have been an atheist since I was little.

What the fuck do I do about this? Seriously. I feel like it is attacking me through my dreams now too. I just woke up after being asleep for 30 minutes. That is not long enough to even go into REM and have a dream this vivid. I posted it in another thread, but now that I'm thinking about it I believe it might be connected. I dunno. I'll repost it here:

The first part of the dream was more like a movie. The second part was more of a play the role experience. I don't know if anyone else can feel things in their dream..

It's night time and a family (mother, son, and his younger sister) is just finishing up their move into their new suburbanite home - they have just finished pulling the last box out of their trailblazer and are headed inside when the door opened for them to get into the house. This wasn't a big deal seeing as how the door had been left open and the mother assures them that it was merely the way the airflow worked in the house. They set the box down in the living room. The lights flicker. Just once, nothing major, then the sister sees a woman walk from one room to another. The first thing they did was unpack all of the kitchen stuff so they could have a nice meal in their brand new home. The brother and sister are in their rooms unpacking while their mom was preparing dinner. When she finished cooking she made everyone's plates and set the table. After setting the table she walked down the hallway to let them know dinner was ready.

They made their way to the dining room table when his little sister looked over her shoulder and saw a lady move from one bedroom to another. Before she could say anything the lights flickered once. Then the lights in the kitchen started flashing on and off followed by loud clamor and banging. Every light was going on and off in the house now. The mother ran to the kitchen all of the drawers had been pulled out and cabinets were open and dishes, pots, pans, silverware, and utensils were flying around the kitchen. The son called out for his mom and grabbed his sister. They left.

Part 2. Same family moves into another home. This time I can see through the brother's eyes. I think for him and feel for him, but I am not him (weird perspective I know). I'm going to tell this part of the dream as if I am him to save confusion.

Mom is at work and my sister is in her room asleep. It's around midnight. We still aren't unpacked and all a little shaken after our last move a few days ago, but it was nice to be able to lay down in my own bed instead of the bed in the hotel we had been staying in. I looked towards the foot of my bed and I saw the boxes I had to unpack - which I wasn't looking forward to. My bed was against a wall of drawers which was actually really cool and is why I chose the room. The drawers were of varying sizes and the fixture my bed set against wasn't overbearing at all. I close my eyes and finally fall asleep.

A loud snapping noise woke me up. I open my eyes and I feel something pressed against my back. I sleep on my side so I try to roll over. Immediately I realize that what I am feeling are the drawers - they are pulled out and have me pushed almost off the bed. I look towards the foot of my bed - my boxes have been opened and everyone of the socks I own have been pulled inside out and placed in an ornate fashion reminiscent of an obsessive compulsive nature.

I grabbed my phone from under my pillow in a panic - I always keep it there just in case. I call my mom at her work, the dispatcher picks up (my mom is a police officer). I ask for my mother and the dispatcher puts me through to her. As soon as I heard her say hello the line goes to static, but I can still hear my mother on the other end through the dull roar of static. I go to scream for help, but my throat tightens and I can't move my jaw. I start to drool as I struggle to get out muffled 'muh muh muh'. I was trying to yell out 'mom come home now'. A feeling of helplessness sweeps my entire body in waves of chills as I struggle to move and I can't. I felt a lot of pressure around my throat and eventually on my body pushing me into my bed. End dream.

My throat is sore and it feels like it has been stepped on. I, again, couldn't move when I woke up and it took me a minute to regain control of my body.

I know this isn't normal and I will understand if you write me off as a lunatic. I'm hoping for an answer or maybe a way to find a solution.

2. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you sure they're just dreams? l talk to a guy with sleep paralysis and what he describes like some hardcore demonic shit.

l don't know how much of it seems like a dream to him, but he says he feels like he's being dragged from the bed when he wakes up(and stays in some kind of limbo state for awhile).

3. FranklinK

I'm not sure to be honest. They don't feel or seem like dreams, but I do have that feeling of just waking up.

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2013 at 03:57 AM ----------

It's a weird transition that is like waking up, but not really. It is hard to explain.

4. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    lm horrified TBH, after reading all that l don't even want to go to sleep.

part of it sounds like sleep paralysis which basically includes hallucinations and is really :confused:

but to have the dreams recur is interesting.

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

From a religious viewpoint, these sound like demonic attacks. I used to have them quite a lot for several years. Prayer stopped these attacks for me

6. FranklinK

lol you're horrified? I only got 30 minutes of sleep and I'm up for the night. I tried taking sleep aids once and I won't even post that dream. It made this seem tame.

The feeling of being trapped in your own body is one thing, but when you feel like something is pushing you out of it is something completely different and much more terrifying.

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2013 at 04:04 AM ----------

I don't believe in God or any religious deity much less a devil, but after years of these dreams I believe in whatever is doing this to me.

7. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    yea. l'm sorry d00d. That is O___________________________________O

8. FranklinK

Do you think my only option is to see a priest? Maybe an exorcism? I know that I don't believe in it, but at this point I am willing to try ANYTHING.

9. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

For me I prayed against these demonic forces and the attacks totally stopped. I havent had any attacks since.

What do you think they are since youre an athiest?

10. FranklinK

I have no idea what it is.

11. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l encourage you to see a neurologist my friend. Sometimes a person can have seizures in their sleep that cause issues like this and never know it, it affects your behavior too.

But aside from that they would address sleep paralysis.

12. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Well from a Christian viewpoint these sound exactly like th attacks that i was having and according to my beliefs they were demonic. I would suggest maybe asking for prayer, especially at a Pentecostal church as they do a lot of this sort of thing. Hope it stops for you. I know how terrifying it is :/

13. FranklinK

As soon as I get health insurance I will do that - I'm reading on sleep paralysis right now. It's interesting and I think that maybe that is what I have. Glad to see there is a reasonable explanation for this.

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2013 at 04:20 AM ----------

Thank you BoiGeorge I appreciate your insight - I'll talk to a few of my Christian friends and ask for their support and when I'm able I'll go see a doctor. Prayer can't hurt

14. FranklinK

The only issue I have with the sleep paralysis is that I'm waking up with bruises and sores. Also areas affected in my dream hurt when I transition from sleep - like my throat this is still hurting after tonight's episode.

15. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    u_____u l didn't want to say it but you may also be afflicted with teh paranormal sexeh timez.

16. FranklinK

Paranormal sexy times?! ): FML

17. Ticklish Fish

do you take any medications? watch too many movies/films? alcohol? life habit? any fear?

i am not a doctor.. but we can try lol

18. FranklinK

No medications, I don't watch a lot of tv or movies, I had half a glass of wine with my epsom salt bath last night, I smoke cigarettes and eat junk food, no real fears unless you want to include my reasoning that no animal should be bigger than me so I don't go to zoos or get in water where I can't see my feet.

19. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    bath sallltssss

20. Ticklish Fish

what about your posture when you sleep? @_@
    I don't know man. prayers and neurology sounds like a good idea for me haha.

and how long ago u have seen doctors?

EDIT: well, you mean the drug bath salts?