1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this weird?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Feb 3, 2013.

1. MerBear

okay so when i was a kid , there was a lot of fighting in the house yelling and hitting and to this day it really affects me or at least i think

i tend to get scared when my friends fight.....like on friday , my friend elisha and lauren were arguing about something and i turned my head and layed it down because i was getting scared , they weren't exactly yelling but still it was scaring me , it made my hear beat faster and i have anxiety problems so that wasn't helping.

another time was when my friend raven threw water on my ex thomas because he threw milk on her and he started to get mad and i got really scared

when someone is arguing in front of me , i tend to get scared but change the sibject like if my dad and sister are fighting in the car , i'll freak out and say something random to stop the yelling...

i dont know why i do this actually

2. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I know what you mean. My mom and dad used to fight a lot. All verbal, no violence. When people around me fight it reminds me of that and I feel upset and anxious sometimes. I don't think it's all that weird. It's just something that happens when bad memories get dragged up.

3. MerBear

yeah i mean , i dont have flashbacks but i start to panic inside

4. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is completely normal. When I was younger there was a lot of physical and verbal abuse, and yelling/fighting ALWAYS escalated to hitting and death threats. I have done a lot to get over it but to this day, even people fighting on TV can make me uncomfortable. I try to leave the room and avoid situations with conflict, especially when it is completely beyond my control.

5. MerBear

yeah when my sister and mom would hit eachother i'd either run out of the house or cover my ears and rock back n forth to sleep