1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

from zee my mom is a bitch to me. treats me like a baby still

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by starfish524, Feb 3, 2013.

1. starfish524

starfish524 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    ok here it is.. first my mom never hits me. me and my bother got into a fight at mcdonalds we threw ketchup on each other.im older im 15 he is 13. i got some ketchup on some woman clothes and my mom had to reinburst her for the damage. my mom freak out on me told me i was a immature baby and my brother to in front of people in mcdonlads. Leaving mcdonalds she told us that she should get us some pacifers and some pampers and a playpen. people were looking at me. like she was right. she took away my x box my i pod and cell i cant go out on weekends now. on the car ride home she is yelling at us telling us when she goes to wallmart she should buy us a crib and stuff.telling me we made her look like a bad mother shes being a total bitch to me.

Can i turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? isnt it slander or something saying lies about someone. saying i need pampers and making me look bad in public.For the record he started it my brother not me. its not fair shes doing this. she took away my games and i cant go out now cause of that bitch. i want her to chill out and respect me

2. was the woman you got ketchup on wearing dry clean only clothes? she didnt have to pay her anything. there is a thing called a washing machine and saying sorry and getting the woman a tissue and help clean her up. ketchup doesnt stain if you put stain remover on it. never once heard o someone spilling something on someone and paying for a new tshirt, thats a bit well... idk... i dont hear of that, like ever. i

you probably cant turn her into the social.
    pretty sure most parents have said things like that to their children. she was trying to make you see you were being immature. she didnt threaten you or anything like that so its not abuse. taking away privileges help you realise what you did wrong. you started a food fight in mc ds, nothing big but it was immature. it will probably only last for a week or 2 at most, youll see your friends at school so its not like you wont see anyone. the library can get you some books to pass the time and if your friends invite you over their house after school not on a weekend then she might let you go.

till then youll have to put up with it.
    respect works both ways. behaving in public will earn you respect. swearing and calling your mum a bitch wont get you far.

i once didnt go to school for a day and my mum took away my internet/comp for a month. and i wasnt allowed out the house to see anyone for a month only to go to school. count yourself lucky!

3. themonkey319

Please don't take this too too seriously because I'm not anywhere close to having children of my own so I can only guess at my reactions... but I'm a pretty chill guy and if my kids started throwing ketchup on each other in public and got it on somebody else to the point where I had to reimburse the person... I'd be pretty pissed. By the time you're in high school I mean come on throwing ketchup at each other? Am I really paying somebody in public because my teenagers got ketchup on them while fighting?

That being said, it was probably a highly emotional reaction. So it should die down just give it a few days. A sincere apology would probably go a long way.

4. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Starfish

This is not what you want to hear,or meant to be offensive.

After reading your own account of the way you showed your mom up while out at mcdonalds,I would have thought you got off lightly.You say you want her to respect you,I would actualy say that respect needs to be earnt in your case.What you did was disrespectfull and the best way to start earning that respect is to go and make an appology to her and hope that she starts letting you have a bit more freedom soon.

5. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry you are upset, but you cannot call CPS for name calling, and no it is not slander. And what you're describing doesn't sound like emotional abuse either unless it is more extensive than you've said. It sounds like your mother was frustrated, angry, and was yelling at you for being immature. Did she pick the right route with the crib and diaper talk? Meh, probably not. But, again, I'm guessing she was angry, and from what you described it sounds like she had a right to be angry.

And of course she isn't abusing you for taking away your games! That's call discipline, and it sounds like you and your brother deserve it. Not only were you fighting in public in a way that honestly was entirely inappropriate for you ages, you were inconsiderate of the rest of the people around you to the point where you actually damaged the clothes of someone sitting nearby.

You may want her to chill out and respect you, but at this point it doesn't sound like you've earned the respect you're looking for.

6. starfish524

starfish524 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    MY MOM JUST DIDNT CALL ME A BABY BUT TOLD ME I BELONG IN PAMPERS AGAIN look people heard her call me a baby in mcdonalds and tell me that she was going to get me diapers and a crib for what i did. i have witnessess dont you think that would help with soical servcies. its not fair it was only ketchup we threw on people and the people in front of us were old like in 60s they wouldnt even know it was on there clothes if my mom didnt say anything. its not fair you know. i dont want to sound like a whinny baby . she had to pay 45 bucks for the clothes i ruined but that was her choice. BUT NO OTHER MOM WOULD TELL ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN DIAPERS AND NEED A BOTTLE ONLY MINE DOES THAT. thats how un cool she is.. IT WAS ONLY MCDONALDS NO PLACE FANCY AND IT WAS KETCHUP. her telling everyone im a baby and belong in pampers and stuff was foul you know and a bunch of lies. no one got hurt it was only ketchup. cause of her people think i need pampers on me now. she needs to chill the out.

7. HelmetBoi

Again, without meaning to come across as offensive but I couldn't have put it better myself. Throwing ketchup at anyone isn't going to earn you respect regardless of the circumstances, and 15 is old enough to know that. :icon_wink

8. starfish524

starfish524 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    how am i lucky? she treats me like a baby still she took away my cell i pad

9. HelmetBoi

Because you did something wrong, don't do such things and you won't have your toys taken away from you.

Simple. :slight_smile:

10. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, having witness to this would not help with social services because they deal with real cases of abuse and neglect, not calling someone a baby in public. I know this is not what you want to hear because you are still angry with your mother, but it is true.

11. starfish524

starfish524 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    why isnt my case so different then other cases? she made me look bad

12. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do not know what country you are in, but the federal definition of child abuse and neglect in the United States is:

Federal legislation provides guidance to States by identifying a minimum set of acts or behaviors that define child abuse and neglect. The Federal Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) (42 U.S.C.A. ยง 5106g), as amended by the CAPTA Reauthorization Act of 2010, defines child abuse and neglect as, at minimum:

"Any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation"; or

"An act or failure to act which presents an imminent risk of serious harm."

This definition of child abuse and neglect refers specifically to parents and other caregivers. A "child" under this definition generally means a person who is younger than age 18 or who is not an emancipated minor.

While CAPTA provides definitions for sexual abuse and the special cases of neglect related to withholding or failing to provide medically indicated treatment, it does not provide specific definitions for other types of maltreatment such as physical abuse, neglect, or emotional abuse. While Federal legislation sets minimum standards for States that accept CAPTA funding, each State provides its own definitions of maltreatment within civil and criminal statutes.

13. calling your child a baby when they did something immature is perfectly fine imo. she was trying to help you see you were being immature and babys are immature. social deal with abuse not what happened to you. she doesnt sound like a bad mum. it was her choice to pay the couple you got ketchup on but it was also your choice to throw that ketchup around. actions have consequences you have to learn that.
    its not fair it was only ketchup you threw on people. how would you like it if someone threw ketchup over you? pretty sure you wouldnt like it.

14. HelmetBoi

The problem is that you don't want to hear other people's opinions, you believe you're right and won't listen to anyone else. We don't always get our own way in life and respect is a two way thing; you have to behave in a manner that earns you respect, you can't demand it. I understand you're angry about this but it was brought about through your own actions so you can't blame anyone else.

Sit back, take on board what people are saying and just relax. You're not the first kid ever to think they've been given a raw deal by their parents through no fault of their own and you won't be the last, just take it in your stride and try avoid doing whatever brought all this on in the first place. :slight_smile:

15. starfish524

starfish524 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    when my mom yelled at me and told me that i should be in pampers and a crib why isnt that slander or something telling lies about me saying i need those? in the car ride home she was yelling at me and my brother. mostly me she told me i made her look like a bad parent and i made her look like a fool. then she went on said i was a spoiled brat and a big baby she went on to say that next time she goes to wallmart she should pick us up a few rattles and pampers for us..she can say rthat to me? and i just have to take it

16. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry Starfish but take a step back and just look at the majority of opinion here, we are adults here, a few of us probably have kids of our own, me included. If you were in your mums shoes, how would you have felt seeing her children, who are representing her and her parenting skills, actually having a food fight in full view of the public? I know I wouldn't be thrilled if it was my son doing so, heck I'm not now and he's just coming up to two years old :lol: Point is: it doesn't matter what you and your brother think of each other behind closed doors, once you get out in public, you buckle up and show respect for your mother and unity in your family. My sister and I wern't always the best of friends growing up but we always, always got on and were respectful of each other in public because we knew better.

Just get some downtime and do the responsible, mature thing for your mother. The poor woman must feel mortified.

17. HelmetBoi

Yes. And yes.

18. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    slander
    noun
    1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.
    2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.
    3. Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.
    verb (used with object)
    4. to utter slander against; defame.
    verb (used without object)
    5. to utter or circulate slander.

Obviously we don't know your mum's personality or general behaviour but she is dealing with two teenagers acting like pre-schoolers and is suffering a great deal of humiliation on top of it from people watching her and judging her, because lets be frank, it's not you two cavorting about that theyre interested in it's your mum and her reaction.

So, from what you've said, no she isn't committing slander, she's just making a statement that is relevant to your behaviour at the time.

19. starfish524

starfish524 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I live in america..i want to be clear on that

20. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what's your point there? it doesn't matter where you live, where your from, where your going. Your mother brought you into the world and that's enough to deserve respect and consideration for her before you decide to make her feel like she is failing as a mother.