1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice...on a crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justin1227, Feb 3, 2013.

1. justin1227

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone, I'm Justin, 23 years old, and new on the EC. I recently came out to a few really close friends. They were accepting :slight_smile:

I'm a student at a small university (2200 students) and there's this really nice and cute guy I met last October. We chatted a bit, eventually talked alot on Facebook, we then exchanged phone numbers. At Christmas time, I send all my contacts a "Merry Christmas" instead of a xmas card. I usually get a "thanks! you too!" reply. Here's my issue. He replied saying; "I don't want to talk to you anymore, I'm too shy to tell you in person" I just replied "I apologize".... saddest day of my life. It's hard not thinking about him since I see him everyday and we are still friends on Facebook. I wanted to say to him that I was only looking for friendship and that I'm gay.

Any advice or thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gen

Gen

That is odd.

Personally, if it were me I dont think I could stop myself from finding him in person. It wouldnt even been with hope that he could have been "to shy to admit his feelings or orientation". More out of curiousity as to why he would suddenly not want to be around me. Whatever it is that he is running from, it cant be healthy.

3. Kay

Kay Guest

Welcome to EC!!! The only thing I can think of is he was in some way offended by the Merry Christmas. It would be hard to figure this would be that big a problem but for some any type of religion is a huge turn off. Rather than state the truth he made an excuse. I hope you find out what is behind this and maybe work it out. Hugs

4. justin1227

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Gen, he is a really shy person, I want to tell him in person, not via txt or fbook. I'm more of a talk to anyone type of guy (public relations is one of my strong points).

5. justin1227

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Kay and Gen, from what I know he's not religious. I personally think he's just very shy, we have mutual friends. The only thing I was looking at with this is closure and that we are on good terms. We're both studying to get into a professional grad school program (medical sciences)...Perhaps friendship too?