1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

older guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by james222, Feb 3, 2013.

1. james222

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok so I am 22 years old and have finally accepted that I am gay (small bit bi). The only thing is that I am only attracted to older guys (35-60). I have never been attracted to younger guys or guys my own age and I think this is weird. I don't have "daddy" issues as people say, I am just genuinely attracted to older mature guys and always have been since I was about 12 years old. Is this weird? Any comments appreciated!

2. HelmetBoi

Hey there :slight_smile:

Dont even think about it, we're all attracted to different types of people, there's nothing at all weird with only being attracted to older guys. :slight_smile:

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello,

I am a older guy and it does feel good to have a younger man find you attractive for a relationship. However, even though I have had opportunity I have never recipricated to a younger man.

I feel it is very unfair to the young man for a number of reasons but time is the largest enemy. By the time you were middle aged I would be dead or falling apart. I could not put somebody I love into that position.

I would rather a young person bond with a young person than to drag them down the rabbit hole of old age or leave them grieving at middle age.

I am sure there are older guys out there that would not have this issue, but with age comes experience, wisdom and most surely empathy.

It is a comfort guys like you are out there, but I could never hurt a person in the long run knowingly.

Stuck

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not all that weird or uncommon in the gay community for a younger guy to like older ones, be it for a genuine relationship or just for something sexual because they find older men attractive. For me, I think older guys are very appealing in a sexual sense, but for a relationship, I couldn't do it because we are just too different and at different places in life. Not to mention as the older partner gets older, the other one would still be relatively young, especially when he gets "up there" in age and closer to passing away. I just feel the dynamics of a 15+ year age difference in a relationship can be a bit hard to work out. Of course you can make a relationship work though if that is what you both really want.

#4 Lance, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  5. james222

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the answers so far they are appreciated!Lance what you said is correct and I have never really thought about relationships to much, but older guys are just hot, I dont know what it is but I am so attracted to them. For now I just want to have some fun and meet a few older guys and see how it goes, if a relationship did happen then fine but thats not what I am looking for right now.

6. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds good to me since I'm in your desired age range and I tend to like guys younger than me. I do find guys closer to my age attractive too. I think I'd relate to guys who are new to coming out and they tend to be younger, although they'd probably get tired of me quickly, oh well. Anyway, I don't think it's weird and good luck meeting your guy :thumbsup:

7. June Cleaver

Don't think this way! I came out of a LTR in 2011 to find myself to be middle aged 39 and what seemed undateable. Yes I got to feel the pain of a middle aged housewife who got left for a cute young 22yo thing unable to make it in the real world.

Well it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. At 40 my soulmate came along and I have never in my life been this happy not even as a child. So life does not end at middle age. Yes it seems in the vain gay world 40 is undesireable, but not all guys think that way.

Mine is 32 and smokin hot. He cherishes me and I him. You might give some young guy 15 or 20 great years and leave him set for the future with lots of great memories. My soulmate is 8 years younger and I will probably die first, but who really knows!

Now if you are curious about my ex and the 22yo cutie. They are still an item and he is miserable with her wishing he had me as he wastes away broke in a cheap motel room with a dead car. Karma really hit him hard! I never wished anything bad on him, I forgave him for hurting me and understood he had to go for his dream girl. I did not know at that time that I would get my dream man and it could be this good! June

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2013 at 04:42 PM ----------

Maby you like the stability a older man has, or the looks of a fully developed man. Or maby just the mature nature of men in that age range. I see nothing wrong with it personally. I think you should get all you want in life now, because none of us are promised the next day at any age. June