1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loosing control of my own Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheLovelyAudrey, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Recently my mind and has been stuck in a path of negative thoughts/mindsets to the point where I am screaming at loud and getting Angry just for something that is happened in the past I don't know if this is something I let go of or deal with by talking to someone, or just me numbing emotions.
    I have tried Meditating, Journaling and going outside to clear my head I also do plan to go to my counselor soon.

Any advice?

Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Kat kanu

of you need to scream do it find a place to be alone and just scream let all of your emotions out then listen to some music that usually helps me

3. Mogget

Seeing a counselor will help, as will meditation. Though with meditation there may be a period where things seem to get worse because you're more aware of your thoughts.

4. won't letting it out reinforce it?

5. Mogget

It can. There's research that shows that expressing anger makes it last longer. It's best to try to maintain equanimity.

6. How can I do that?
    I have been giving efforts but so far I think I am just extending pain and anger.

7. Mogget

Meditation helps. It makes you more able to observe your thoughts and feelings without participating in them. When you feel an emotion (during meditation or otherwise), notice it, and sit with it, but don't express it.

8. thats what I try to do alot :slight_smile:
    but often it feels like the anger/frustration to great or "Sitting with it" is out of reach for some reason this seems to be a problem when I'm angry with my family outside of that I do sit with my anger often.

9. photoguy93

I feel you. I have bad anxiety, and this can happen. Intrusive thoughts are a @*$#@.

But find what works for you. Exercise? Talking to someone? Crying? Screaming?

Screaming might work if you are disgusted. If I scream, it releases it....but it is not a cure.

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

Ohhh, and yes - please see your counselor!

10. like Maggot said it reinforces it.