1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to Mom Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mailbox, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Mailbox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've decided to come out to my mother tomorrow :bang:, and I need some advice on how I should do it. I know she already thinks I'm gay, but I'm not sure how she'll react to the fact that I'm actually bisexual. (Not sure why she would think that considering I've never been with a girl before, and to my knowledge I've never shown interest in females while around her, but whatever.) She's a pretty religious woman and known to be pretty unpredictable with her reactions. I'm really unsure of how to go about this, having never come out to someone who I knew was homophobic. Any advice?

2. I don't know if this will work for you but I got in a fight with my mom in the car during one of the lowest points of my life and just yelled it out at her out of nowhere.

3. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

First of all, good luck. Don't worry. Just say that your bisexual, it doesn't matter how you say it, but it's best to get to the point rather than dance around the subject. I think if I would have had the chance to come out on my own I would have gone up to my parents and said "Mom, dad? I have something to tell you, and no, it's not bad." Then I would spit it out before I could take it back.

She may yell at you, or she may say something like "I already knew." And It may take her awhile to adjust to the fact that you are bisexual, but hopefully she'll get over it as time goes on.

If things go badly, you can always come on here for support.