1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mum's worried about me withdrawing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bzrk, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Bzrk

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey
    I was talking to my Mum today and she said she was worried about losing her girl and she thinks i'm withdrawing from her always staying in my room not wanting to do anything the reason I'm doing this is because i'm scared about coming out. I can see were shes coming from ever since I found out I'm gay I've been scared my parents would find out and now my stomach constantly hurts because im worried what my parents will think about me being gay and how they'd react :help: Is the only way to get past this to come out?

2. Darkrai

Darkrai Guest

I have yet to come out, so I guess I'm not an one to give advise. But it would seem to me that if you ever plan to come out you need to get yourself ready. And I mean mentally and physically ready.

I think you need to make an attempt at regaining your old lifestyle back. Realizing that you're gay doesn't mean your entire life has to change. It just means that you have grown, that you have discovered a new side of you.

If anything isolating yourself this way will only make your parents more worried that something is a matter.

I hope this helps.
    Best of luck!

3. Last Gentleman

I think you're taking the "in the closet" part a bit too serious :slight_smile: .

Just think back to how you acted before you found out. I bet it's no different to how you act now, except you are now thinking about how others view your actions.

Relax, be yourself. You'd be surprised at what people miss when it's right in front of their face.
    I recently got my right ear lobe pierced (left ear had been done 18 years ago). After a week I had to start pointing it out to my mum. I did this by putting my face right in front of her and told her to look at me. After about two minutes, I had to point out the shiny new earring in my left ear. And how it matches the OTHER ONE.

That's something physical, something emotional is much harder to spot. She may notice small differences, but if she starts thinking you are gay then chances are it means she's OK with it. If she's not OK with it, it's unlikely those thoughts will cross her mind (unless you slip and say "I'd do her" or the like in front of her).

Relax, be yourself.

4. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did the exact same recently, shutting my parents out cuz I was depressed and scared to tell them I might be gay and leaving my boyfriend.

When I finally told my mum, she was so relieved after worrying for so long about what the matter was.

5. Even though I'm not the best at giving advice, I'll give it a shot anyway, and you can do with it what you will. I'm in the same place you are right now. I keep obsessing and worrying about by sexuality, which has put my stress levels through the roof. And my mom has noticed. She asks if I'm depressed almost every time we speak to each other. I think the only way you will start to feel better is if you find someone to talk to. Do you have a friend you are comfortable with coming out to? Or maybe a school counselor?