1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness is no fun

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ben22, Feb 4, 2013.

1. ben22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    hi guys im new to this forum, and i feel like i have to tell someone just how lonely i am. i dont know why but i do. everyone knows im gay (apart from the parents) but noone ever talks about it with me its just sort of ignored, probably because i am very 'straight acting'. but the truth is i like talking about it because it helps me understand myself better, by saying it out loud. i dont have many friends most have moved away or just drifted apart, i live in a small town but i have a good job so im not leaving. it gets me upset sometimes when i think about how alone i am and the prospects of the future dont look promising either. anyway thanks for reading, i dont even really expect any discussion i guess i just wanted to share.

2. DeanIsHome

Why don't you try looking for a local LGBT community meet-up place, not for like hook-ups but like a community center, they might have one where you are,

3. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

I know the predicament that your in, and the degree of loneliness you must be experiencing. Empty Closets will really help you to eliminate some of that loneliness, because you will be able to talk to so many of us, who understand you, and who also want the loneliness to end too. I know it isn't the same as actually having people to talk to, or friends to talk too, about being gay and everything; but it's something, and something is always better than having nothing. My life as gay guy, is really lonely as well, especially in my community that I live in, and have lived in most of my life.

I just added you as a friend, I hope you don't mind?

You can talk to me as much as you want, about anything.

And best of all; I am Aussie too! :slight_smile:

4. TheFirstStep

I know all too well how you feel right now.

I too am out, and unfortunately, ALL of my friends are as straight as a ruler.

I just posted on this forum a thread called 'Embracing Lonlieness'.

Its my own experience with the cold feeling of being alone and how to make the most out of this time.

Its no fun, but only if you make it no fun.

Just remember, we are here if you want to talk. :slight_smile:

This place is a fantastic resource for help, and people to talk to.

Just don't be afraid to strike up a conversation.

5. ben22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    thanks guys, there isnt really a LGBT group around me that i know of because the town is so small, so thats not really an option. thanks for the words you guys seriously