1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i talk to her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Feb 4, 2013.

1. MerBear

okay so there is this girl ally , i've been wanting to talk to ....i dont know why but i really do want to talk to her but i dont know how....we've never really talked to each other that much but if we do , its just for her to ask a question....

im not sure if she's bisexual or what....i have a vibe she is...but again i could be wrong....

i usually never go up to girls , i let them come to me so then i move on from there

but i guess i'll have to in this case , i do like doing the heavy work but im s very shy person on the inside , no matter how tough i may seem haha

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First of all, I want to congratulate you on trying to move on! (*hug*)

Also, what makes you think she might be bisexual/gay? Try to explain as much about her as you can. After you answer, I'll be able to tell you how to approach her.

3. Kay

Kay Guest

I think you need to trust your feelings and just start to talk with her. You will know soon enough if she is interested. It might help to wear something to identify as lesbian. It might help but is not necessary. Go for it but move slowly sweetie. hugs

4. Minx

Take the slow approach, make an effort say hello everyday and walkaway.

So she gets used to seeing you, then build from the ground up.

From hello, to how are you? Etc.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It sounds like that you do get a chance to talk with her from time to time. The next time when you ask her a question, why not try mentioning something or starting to talk about that you two might have in common, which can be anything, starting from a hobby to having a class together.

The next time after you have asked a question and you got your answer, maybe just follow it up with a question on the subject about which you asked the question. If she is knowledgeable about something, more than likely she has also an interest in it. Try to build the beginnings of a conversation on that. :slight_smile:

6. MerBear

i dont know actually...i mean ....i just get that vibe from her....im not going to assume she is ...because i could be wrong....

all i can say...right now is i get that vibe ...

i usually never get that from people....

and thank you , im trying haha :slight_smile:

7. Ianthe

Oh, I'm so glad you have a new girl you are thinking about.

Can you invite her to do something with a group, or something like that?

8. MerBear

well she's not on my mind 24/7 but i think about her now and then

but im not sure....im pretty shy and im an introvert

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The fact that you don't usually get a vibe from other people like the one you're getting from her is definitely a good sign. Is she in any of your classes? I guess it's ok to assume she is since you said she sometimes asks you questions. If I were you, I'd find something she's wearing, carrying, listening to, and compliment it. Ask her where she got it and try to start a conversation. Does she talk often? Laugh at her jokes. I love when people laugh at my jokes. It makes me feel appreciated and I feel like that person has the same sense of humor as me. :slight_smile: