1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Challenged

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trumpetplyer23, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

I was sitting in my history class, today. I was sitting next to two of my friends who I am out to. The guy (we'll call him George), is sitting there listening to me and my other friend (we'll call her Meghan) debate about Hitler and Mussolini. Pretty soon, we start debating about my out status. I told her that I have been wanting to come out to the entire school for about a year now (which is the the truth, btw). She said I wasn't really going to come out. I said that I didn't want to be obnoxious about it. So now, along with my other dilemma (see my other thread 'what should I do?'), I have 2 more. The first being, should I come out to the entire school somehow. The second being, if I decide to come out to the school, how should I do so in a non-obnoxious way.

Background information about my out status: Almost the entire sophomore class knows, not by my doing. And almost everyone of my friends know, my parents know, and 2 teachers of mine know. So I'm pretty experienced in the entire coming out process.
    Thanks again.

2. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Wear lots of rainbows...

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rainbows are the answer to everything!!!

Aside from that...

This is one of my faves:
    If someone tries to engage you in a conversation about a 'hot male celebrity', tell them you're completely uninterested but you think that Angeline Jolie (Or any 'hot female celebrity) is really cute...and once they know you're gay, word will probably get round quite fast.

Or another one:
    Religious studies class/PSE class/anything like that. Drag the subject onto homosexuality, and then come out.

4. Quitex

Quitex Guest

No, NO... NOOO. Ummm, no.
    Please if you dont want a BIG BIG debate, dont do it on those classes. Especially if your religious teacher is ZOMG U R BAD and your PSE trainer instructor w/e is like ZOMG U R BAD too. And lunch ain't a good time as well. I may advice to come out one by one, and let the rumor get his way. And when they ask you, smile and answer yes. That's how I'd do it.

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not necessarily...surely not all PSE/RS teachers are (in your words) 'ZOMG U R BAD'?? Isn't that just stereotyping as much as we don't want people to stereotype us?? Because if those teachers are OK with it, then coming out in those lessons should be fine...

6. Trumpetplyer23

I bought a rainbow belt and wristband. A bunch of people caught on. I walked into my French room (I sit in the back corner) and everyone around my seat was like 'you're gay?' and I was like 'no, I'm bi, get it right'. This guy, whose a complete idiot started making jokes and this other guy looked at him and said 'Didn't you hear her? She said she's bi, now shut up.'
    And, my mom helped me pick out the rainbow belt. I was at a store with her, shopping for belts because I broke mine and she says 'look at this rainbow belt!' and I was like 'Okay, I'm buying it.'

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yaaaay glad everything seems to be going well!! :grin:

8. pirateninja

Haha, that's brilliant :grin:

9. Trumpetplyer23

I had to write this essay thingy for my health class, about stereotyping and prejudice. The question was: 'Have you ever witnessed, caused, participated in, or been a victim of prejudice or stereotyping.' So, I wrote down that a girl in my English class was being horribly stereotypical and prejudicial about my sexuality, then I came out in the essay. I'll be turning it in on Monday.

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck!! :grin: