1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allowing others to control my mood?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yogabear, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Am i the only person who allows others to control my mood? This problem has plagued me for my whole life and I don't know how to bring it up around my counseler on Thursday like on what to do about it. Everytime that I feel depressed that I wish like sincerely wish that the world will end or like to see other people in hard times cause of having hard times myself. I don't plan to but on occasion that I hit my arms and chest and cause a bruise or scratch nothing major just I hate being criticized like my whole life especially on my grammar and spelling and being blind.

I'd really appreciate anybody to give whatever advice cause this problem really annoys me. I get so mad with what others have that they just throw away. For example, people taking their vision forgranted makes me infurrated cause they can see and choose not to use thier eyes in the right way like texting driving etc. I get so mad withmy partner sometimes that I just want them to feel like me or anybody just want to scream or yell at the top of my lungs like leave me alone. I don't even sometimes want to be myself anymore like I have become my alcoholic father who turned sober like fifteen days ago. Thanks so much for your ideas on what to do about this and other things.

sincerely,
    yoga

2. suninthesky

I tend to allow others to control my mood too, so I try to surround myself with people who are in moods that I would like to be in.

3. Jim1454

I'm guilty of that as well. If my husband is in a bad mood, I'm going to end up in a bad mood. If my boss is unhappy, then I'm going to worry that it's got something to do with me and I'm going to be unhappy.

I tend to value myself based on how others value me too. I probably have more work to do on me - which means I likely should go back to therapy and see what else I could be doing differently.