1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't stand being in love with my 'straight' best friend HELP!! :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Knowbie, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Knowbie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really need some advice for what to do next... Can someone please help me? Iam 15, 16 next month and I recently accepted that Iam gay and I have too many feelings for my straight best friend... I think I've fallen in love with him :frowning2: however, I don't know if he is completely straight, this is because when we were drunk once he kissed me (on the lips) :grin: and then stared into my eyes. But I don't know if it was genuine because we were both drunk. Another time ( we were both drunk again) I went to the toilet and he walked in on me put I put everything away before he could see anything, do you think these are signs that he likes me? Or is it just because we were drunk. He does have a girlfriend but they don't seem very stable and they are constantly on and off. Should I make above on him? I haven't came out to anyone yet and I'm afraid to. Please help!!!

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

Making a move n him is more likely to get you some man-on-man, but it's less likely to keep the friendship intact. The other potential move - come out to him. Tell him you're gay. Don't bother telling him about your feelings for him just yet. Just say you're gay. Say you're telling him because he's a good friend, and you know he'll keep this in confidence for now.

If he's gay or bi, that's his cue to come out to you. If he does, then by all means, make a move. :slight_smile: But if he doesn't, then you'll have to assume he's straight. Yes, he might still be gay and closeted, but it's really not worth obsessing over little signs. Assume he's straight, and (hopefully) still a good friend.

Lex

3. aMiMe

Best advice ever. after being closeted through 5 crushes and taking my own bad advice. that is the best advice to take. the little signs add up, and i counted for a long time. and i never even had the nerve to tell any of them that i was gay. which like he said is his cue. closure.

4. Knowbie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks do much or the advice guys but I'm way too shy to come out to anyone yet, maybe I should just get over the act he's probably not gay? :'( that would break my heart but it's better than bitter humiliation right? :tears:

5. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

(*hug*)
    Crushes suck!!
    I don't really think it's a good idea to make a move on your friend because it could freak him out. I think it would be better to come out to him, or maybe even just tell him you think you're developing feelings for other guys. Anyway, I hope this helps!

6. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could try coming out to him when you're sober and he's drunk (I did to one of my friends and it worked surprisingly) it's your choice though hope his helped (probably the worst advice I ever gave to someone but I tried)

7. Knowbie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks guys for your advice, it really does help! I think my next move will be to get him drunk and tell him I'm gay, without telling him I have a crush on him ( like you guys said) and see what he says about it... Truth comes out when your drunk right? :wink: hopefully it goes well, I'll post a thread saying the results when it happens :slight_smile:

8. Furmanuel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Remember, you don't have to be shy about coming out. There is nothing to be ashamed of, and nothing to worry about.

Good luck.

-E.F.

9. some nights

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you want to lower inhibitions and keep the conversation easier like you say by him being drunk, just make sure he isn't "sloppy" drunk and you will both remember it. Plus, if he is a talker when he drinks make sure he won't blab to others what you just told him if he does react badly. That would suck, but it is a possibility, some people are just ignorant. :/

I had/have a 'straight crush' that I can't seem to get over. I just have to keep away from this one girl because every time we do something together, the butterflies come back and I can't help but fall for her all over again. It helps me to distance myself. I miss her and I do really love hanging out with her, but it's just easier to keep the interactions to a minimum and spare myself the emotional turmoil I feel, because it really does hurt over and over and over.

Good luck though!! Hope it all works out for you, however you choose!

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting HIM drunk before telling him you're gay suggests a pretty specific ulterior motive. Is the friendship worth that?

Lex

11. Knowbie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey again guys, thanks again for all the responses... I did come out to him yesterday, surprisingly xD it went OK I think... I only told him yesterday so I guess I will find out if it will be awkward later today. Basically I told him cause we were exchanging secrets and I think he had already guessed I was at Least bi so I thought I may as well just tell him.. He seemed really supportive and gave me a hug and I asked him if I could talk about it in more detail today and he said sure :3 Im now thinking he's completely straight which is why I'm not over the moon about what happened :/ but I kinda want advice as to what I should talk to him about, any ideas?

12. Furmanuel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Let him ask any questions he wants, and tell him it's OK if he thinks he'll offend you, just ask anyway. Chances are that he's DYING to know who you like, to which you can cutely respond, "<name>, I love you."

*D'AWWWWWWWWW SO CUTE*

But if you're not on that level, just tell him "to be honest, <name>, I have feelings for you." Hopefully he won't be creeped out. Be prepared to give scripted answers to stupid questions that friends can ask you (especially if you tell him to be unafraid of the response), questions such as "does your own dick turn you on" etc.

Congratulations on coming out of the closet, though! It takes strength, but now you made the first step! The LGBT community salutes you in not being afraid!

And one more thing. DON'T come out to everyone, even if you want to. Always consider "what will benefit this person to know?" It's a surefire way to stay out of trouble to those who have a harder time accepting it.

Good luck!

-E.F.