1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom problems

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Mar 7, 2008.

1. My mom has been a complete bitch lately. Like today she told me to clean the kitchen then when she got home she started yelling at me because I didn't clean it well enough. Also it seems as if I talk and she dosen't listen, then she gets mad at me when I ask if she was paying attention. Then mon. as most of u know she got in this big fight with me because she found out told someone else I was gay. I am so pissed at her.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well try to understand she may be under more stress than finding out you are gay. Sometimes as parents we have to deal with other family members who don't understand. She may have other stresses that you don't know about. Just go up and give her a hug and tell her you love her. I bet it will make things better.

3. Quitex

Quitex Guest

This happened to me a while back -- in fact the night I accepted myself as gay. My dad came from the hospital and started yelling at me as if there's no tomorrow. You're wonderfin what was my reaction? Ran to my room, shut the door, and cried a lot.

It is Ok to cry, It's NOT ok to hurt yourself. Give yourself the time to let go all the emotions. As Becky said, go and give her a hug... or even give her a flower or something cute you can do yourself. Tell her that you love her a lot. And, well this may be hard but try to do what you have to do well, and beyond. Times like this are the ones that parents use as excuse to yell and to let all their frustrations get dumped on you.

Also, remember you have us all the time. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

4. smilealways

smilealways Guest

My parents found out what i am in a embarrasing way :eusa_doh:
    and dad was ok but mum kept using the word gay on me.:eusa_naug anyway she doesnt say anything about it now.

sometimes people need time to sort things out.
    even though you might be pissed off at her, i think its important to be opsitive and helpful.
    maybe she is the one who needs help.:confused:
    avoiding fights and arguments are also important i think. if u have them often then it makes it easy for your mum to be angry and yell at you.