1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quite stressed..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Awkward Balloon, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Awkward Balloon

Recently I've been really stressed out with my life :icon_sad: there's really nothing bad happening, my parents don't argue, I'm never in trouble at school and I'm not being bullied. But the subject that's always on my mind is my sexuality.. I'm always thinking about how great it would be to be out, to not lie anymore and to live a free life. I'm out to some people, and so far I've had complete acceptance. I know that the majority of my friends won't mind and my family is very accepting. But the constant urge to be out is really getting to me. I'm pretty sure that I am ready, except my parents have told me that phases are common and that I should wait until I'm at least 18 or 19 before coming out.
    I just don't know what to do. I feel ready and the fact that I'm closeted is causing serious stress. But also the thought that I come out and then it's a phase?

I don't know what I'm looking for.. maybe some stress relief tips? Or any advice on the situation, thanks.

2. Jordz

I know the feeling.

I don't really have any stress relief tips, I think the only way to stop stressing about it would be to come out. Until then it will be on your mind.

Your only 14, I mean there is no rush. If you feel you are ready to be out then come out but if your not don't worry about it. I know people might not believe it because of how young you are but you could try to explain it to them, explain your feelings, etc.