1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

''I see, take care?'' What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Niqk, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know what the words mean but...

As some of you know I've been showing interests of dating someone whose really nice to me, and is one of the few people on earth who can make me smile. I really like him for who he is. Anyway, since he still hasn't finished his exams + he's going with a few friends I told him that if he's interested we should hang out sometime (unfortunately I didn't specify it well enough, so it is subject to interpretation).

His reply was ''I see, take care''. I know it's the Internet and this guy tends to be misunderstood a few times even outside the internet, but I just feel like ''I see, take care'' as being very dismissive, and I'm kind of confused since I don't want to pester him too much. But I'm a bit upset to be honest since no one ever seems to notice me, so I don't know if he didn't mean it that way, or maybe he did.

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    U___U Yes. l don't know him though, l'd have to know how he is.

Sometimes l HONESTLY get distracted and give a weird response like this to people, especially if l'm leaving or doing something. lt's like l'm offline lol. l'm just using words and not hearing anything.

l would back off for a few days though l guess and see what happens.

3. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :icon_sad:

I can't help but think sometimes that he doesn't like me. He's nice to me but whenever he uses language similar to that I just can't be sure what's on his mind.

4. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    well he might be just be spacey lol.

only reason l'd back off is because l expect people to show me they're into me on some level l guess xD

5. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Generally he's one of the few people who have shown the remotest interest on my life. SO for me, that kind of counts.

6. Rexmond

My friend ALWAYS says I see. I usually take it the wrong way because it sounds weird, and almost as if he doesn't agree with anything I'm talking about. But now I realise it's just his way of replying.

7. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    True. My father says it all the time when he's drunk and he's very sardonic and scathing when he uses it, so I might be overreacting to this. But I can't be sure if I'm just being a little too hopeful that this is not the case.