1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life after coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JT1687, Feb 5, 2013.

1. JT1687

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Came out....NOW WHAT?!?

soooo....I've been out for a few months already and its been amazing finally being able to feel like myself....but now what? I never really had many gay friends and I dont know where to go from here. I would definitely like to have friends with similar interests but i dont even know where to start. Where do I start?!

#1 JT1687, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. DeanIsHome

Try checking you're local PFLAG meeting or you can try other local LGBTQ friendly community centers, I only know of some in Seattle but that'w where I'd check.

3. EarthBound

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Check to see if your school has a club/organization! I know my high school didn't, but the college I attend has multiple LGBT related groups.

4. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    If you are in high school or college see if your school has a LGBTQ club or group (prism, gay straight alliance, etc.) If you are not in school or your school doesn't have a club see if there is a PFLAG group nearby. Another place you could go is a gay bar or club. Try googling "(your city) gay scene."