1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if I can do it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Niko, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Niko

I'm most likely seeing my best friend on Saturday whom I haven't seen since college started up again. All this time I've been planning up ways on how I can come out to her. I thought of doing it over IM one day, to even an email...but with emails I'm not sure if she really reads them.
    Now I have written a letter to her, explaining my feelings and everything that I'm going through. I just don't know if I can actually hand it to her.
    And if I do actually build up the nerve to do so I have no idea when the right time will be. Should I do it after the visit, so I don't see her reaction. Or should I just give it to her while I'm still there so we can talk about it even further.
    I'm afraid that if I do give it to her while I'm still there I'll get really nervous and perhaps choked up. I'm not good with talking to people about my feelings, I always wear masks and I hate it. I want to be more open with her, but it's not in my nature.

So I guess what I'm asking for is what should I do? Is there an appropriate time to give her the letter or should I just go by feel?

2. Minx

I suggest going by how you feel. :slight_smile:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you considered e-mailing her the letter, so it has time to sink in? Then you won't have that elephant in the room to deal with.

...is this a Colorado-only thread? :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Niko

Haha woah, Colorado for the win~ :slight_smile:

But yeah I've been thinking about that too. I've decided that I don't want to do it while I'm still there. It'll just be way too stressful for me and it'll give her some time to think it over.

5. Minx

:lol:

Yes! :grin: