1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family being indenial

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by elietto92, Feb 6, 2013.

1. elietto92

elietto92 Guest

Long story short, my mother knows Im gay but is being indenial about it.

She keeps constantly reminding me that one of my "obvious" gay cousin has a girlfriend and keeps pressuring me to do the same thing. She constantly keeps asking me when Im going to get married (to a girl) and when Im going to have kids. Today one of my relatives called (like 6am literally!) and said I have to get married and kept on bragging and annoying my mother and pressuring her to get me married and get a wife. I am absolutely sick of this. Right now Im about to make a deal with my self that the next time somebody asks the same or similar question, Im just going to come out there and then. I dont care what the consequences will be or how much it will hurt somebody.

Please guys I need some help, Ive been very angry recently thanks to this and havent eaten properly either I feel sick...:tantrum:

2. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to change their denial. They will learn to accept it in time, however. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you'll have to just rise above it for now. Perhaps they'll stop when you get married to a man :lol:

But if you really want your mom to stop, I'd recommend setting a serious tone and directly telling her that it bothers you when she tells you to find a girlfriend and that she needs to stop.

3. elietto92

elietto92 Guest

Yeah! That is exactly what I want to say, but she is sick and its killing me to do such a thing. Im a really kind sensitive person. I am strong, but dont want to hurt her :frowning2:
    Other than that, I guess Ill have to threaten her with "next time this happens, ill tell them myself" unfortunately :frowning2:

4. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You can tell her without hurting her, just tell her you wish she would stop pressuring you to find a girlfriend. There's no offense to be taken in that. It's all about how you phrase it.

5. elietto92

elietto92 Guest

True, but I just get so angry when she does that to me. Its like she disrespects me and hates me. Thats how I feel. This is my own mother, she doesnt deserve me lying to her about myself.
    She keeps telling me that she wants me to have kids so she can be a grandmother. I told we you have 4 girls who are all straight and will surely bring my countless kids, how am I going to affect your life?

#5 elietto92, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013