1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brothers & Sisters

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tired_of_lying411, Oct 29, 2006.

1. tired_of_lying411

Hey,

This season, my mom, dad, and I have started watching the show Brothers & Sisters. Its a charming little drama on Sundays that premiered this fall.

It has a prominent gay character, and they really develop his relationship as much as any straight relationship on the show. Its so great! Its not annoying, its just there, not in anyones face, but still extremely important to the plot.

The best part is how its bringing the subject into life with my dad. he's the one Im having trouble coming out to, and just knowing that hes seeing a gay guy, similar to me, living life, being gay... its just really comforting. I like being totally accepting of it, and seeing that he is too.

It has really shown me that im sure he knows Im gay now, he hasn't said anything about the guy on the show yet... Which he would have just years before.

So now, its just all about me finding the moment where I have enough confidence to just say it, and I cant wait for that moment.

-----

Also... Because the title is so fitting...

I REALLY wish I had an older sister. On this show Im talking about, the gay guy looks like he has a lot of fun. Hes so comfortable around them, and they're so comfortable around him... its just something I just know I wont ever have with my brother, just because it just would be weird...

But yeah, I just REALLY wish I had an older sister.....

2. Sam

Sam

thanks for your advice on my post yeah as it says in my post I have already told everyone I know who is important to me all my friends and my mom except for my dad and he just isn't very accepting of us so we are kind of going through the same thing our moms both know and we are both trying to find a way to tell our dads its nice to be able to talk to someone in a very similar situation. I'm glad that your dad is accepting the character in the t.v. show he watches, thats a good sign I think my dad suspects me too which is kind of nice because maybe it will ease the shock factor well anyway I hope everything goes ok with your dad it looks like its heading in a good direction good luck