1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend Problems (Please Help)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by worriedWardrobe, Feb 7, 2013.

1. worriedWardrobe

I've been going out with this guy for a week, and it just doesn't feel right. Before we were dating, and just friends, he didn't really care what people thought, and really fun to be around/talk to.

He asked me out a week ago and I said "yes" because I thought he was loads of fun, and pretty good looking, but now he's just different. Suddenly, he's really sensitive about everything, he wants to talk to/be with me 24 hours a day, and he's starting to annoy me.

Example: Today, when I got to school, he took my hand and paraded me around to all of his friends. Then, he undid every button, snap, and zipper on my jacket. I asked him to stop and he said "What are you gonna do about it?". After that he took my phone, and ran the battery down, blasting some of my more embarrassing music. At lunch he wanted to cuddle and dig through my backpack.

I feel incredibly smothered, and a bit guilty. I really hate being the center of attention, and PDA's are not my thing. I'm more than happy to cuddle at home, and hold hands at the mall, but school is different. That's where I need to focus.

I really don't know what to do. I feel bad for feeling this uncomfortable so early.

Am I wrong to feel this way? What do I do? Please help :help:

2. Crazyguy

Tell him exactly what you wrote above and don't feel guilty. Either he will respect your wishes or it is time to move on.

3. nevashiva

nevashiva Guest

Sing to him bye bye bye - nsync style :slight_smile:

4. photoguy93

Yeah, it might be time to say "bye!!"

However, take this as a lesson. I know you say that he has changed, but I really think it was probably there and it just didn't come out. You're young, and I think it's good that you have these experiences.

5. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, unfortunately there's no subtle thing you can do to make him stop. You're just going to have to have honest communication, and if that's something he isn't capable of, then it will never work.

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like others said, you just need to tell him how his actions make you feel. He'll understand and change his ways if he wants to keep you around and make you feel comfortable in the relationship.

7. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people pursue a boyfriend like a dog chasing cars: once they catch one, they don't really know what to do with it...

Are you his first BF? Might be just that how he acts is a weird mixture of trying to act as he thinks you're supposed to act in a relationship, and trying to do all the things he wanted to do with a boyfriend at the same time.
    Possibly coupled with the bragging rights of: "Hey, have you seen MY BOYFRIEND yet?"

The only thing you can do here is being honest, I think. That you expected being boyfriends including more of the same fun stuff you did before, and not a total shift in how he acts around you. And that the current situation is making you feel a bit smothered.

If he understands... good! Then you do need to discuss what you would like to do (all of the stuff before, plus, I guess he'll have some wishes too).
    If he doesn't.. it might be time to call it a day, and just see it as an experience that didn't work out as originally intended.