1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We broke up...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by XsabercaliberX, Feb 8, 2013.

1. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So um yeah title says it all I guess. Well I really don't know how to say it because I want to forget but here goes. Yesterday in school it was a perfectly normal day everything was fine. It's what happened after that is what shocked me. School ended and we got off the bus and my boyfriend gets a call from his dad. He had a terrified look on his face like a family member died. He told me that he had to go home and that he would that he would tell me later. Later that day he texts me to meet him at his house. So I walk a few minutes to his house. I noticed that thier was a big truck there and he came up to me and told me that he was moving to Georgia (we live in PA). When I heard that I was aboslutly devastated. He told me that his dad has been unemployed for at least 2 years and that he finally got a job there. Now I'm here in school thinking I hate PA even more than I did than without having someone with me. So yeah that's the story we had to break up because he's so far away but we still text each other non stop. I guess im fine but I'm still bummed about it.:tears:

---------- Post added 8th Feb 2013 at 10:14 AM ----------

I don't really know what to do should I move on or wait and see if he comes back?

2. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you considered trying a LDR? They can work. It's worth a shot at least.

Pennsylvania and Georgia aren't terribly far away from each other. Not exactly walking distance but hey, it's not like he's in Cali. You could still see each other for like summer vacations and whatnot, and you are already texting each other nonstop.

Plus, if the LDR doesn't work out, it's a lot smoother because usually it's just from losing interest each other, and now no one is left bummed-out and brokenhearted.

3. ForceAndVerve

Awwwww....I'm sorry. :icon_sad:

(*hug*)

4. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately I think that if his dad has moved on business then the chances of him coming back at the moment are slim. As KTWK suggested, why not try for a long distance relationship? If you are both still into each other and have the interest their then there is no reason why it shouldn't work but only if you're both committed to giving it a go.

5. returning

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never understand why people feel the "need" to break up with someone just because of distance. Distance is actually never a deal breaker with me, and it shouldn't be with anyone as long as love is involved. I would find a way to make it work, even if it took a few years until we could finally live together. Now, I guess I can understand 2 adults who are both in a successful career, and find that their career is more important. But if it were me, I think I would choose the person I love over any of that. Anyone can make it work for the time being. If you two truly love each other, you both should continue a relationship. When you both get old enough, you two could move in together. :slight_smile:
    But if you or he is unwilling to work with the distance, then I am truly sorry for the sudden news. :frowning2: (*hug*)

7. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [GVIDEO][/GVIDEO]
    I can try but I doubt that I will see him again because his dad does business travel and he might move state to state. I told him that I'd give it a week for a long distance relationship (just texted him) before decideding officially ending it. Thanks for the advice I hope his works out between us.