1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is that "caught up" feeling really real?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FractiousJ, Feb 8, 2013.

1. FractiousJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    For my entire life I've always identified as straight, until recently that is, thanks, in large part to... the L word haha. Now, I'm starting to think I may be as straight as a hula hoop :icon_bigg

Anyway, I've slept with plenty of guys but I've never been caught-up in the moment, you know? It's always very mechanical (for me), I'm detached and almost numb. I'm not grossed out by the guy or by the acts and I don't feel guilty about having a ONS, I just have no feelings about it at all.

For those who have seen it, the best way to describe it is I feel mostly like the main character in But I'm a Cheerleader! when she's making out with her bf, just going through the motions. I'm very much in my head, what should I do with my hands? what's he doing now? how long will this part last?

Until recently I always thought that the ability for people (maybe just girls? idk) to get really into it or lost in the moment was a fictional thing. It's particularly evident in books IMO, the characters heads are always "clouded" and they can only focus on the task at hand. I just figured making sex appear so intoxicating was artistic license.

So, now I'm curious.

Is that feeling/state-of-mind real? Does this really happen to people?
    Or is everyone else as in-their-head as me?
    Maybe it's just because I've never hooked up with a guy that I had romantic feelings for?

Can anyone relate?

Hope this made sense, I had trouble deciding how to phrase it.

2. cemma

Ok yes same. Everything you just said there is me and for me I definately used that as one of the.. i dont know the word, signs? (maybe) That I wasnt actually straight.

Along with the fact that I find girls hot etc, although that part took me longer to figure out..

I guess its just a bunch of things that all add together and then the siren went off in my head and I was just like oh shit ok Im gay. haha.

Theres a thing called the kinsey scale and that helped me a wee bit, if you google it its like a quick test thing, that could help you out a bit..

idk, Im useless at this making sense stuff and probably the fact that I plan to carry on living a straight life until after uni doesnt help.. but I think its just one of those things you have to take time to figure out.. good luck!