1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best friend internal issue

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by luvlontime, Feb 8, 2013.

1. luvlontime

Since coming out to my best friend last month, he cannot be more supportive. As I've told u all before, he is super hot, but super straight! I am looking for someone identical to him, just gay! We like everything the same. Even if one day he came out to me, I would never pursue it, because I don't ever want to lose this friendship. I love him like a brother, and that is all.

I have said before he constantly points out hot girls to me, which has gotten less since he now knows I am gay. We were at a NHL game the other day and a hot guy was walking to his seat and I elbowed my buddy and gave him a head nod to point out the guy. He looked at him & said "really?, he's OK but has too many visible tattoos, but he is built". I apologized & said sorry I prob shouldn't have done that. He said its cool, I support ya, but just trying to get used to it. I couldn't stop thinking how embarrassed I was that I did that. I apologized again the next day at work, but he said he understands and not to worry about it.

When he told his girlfriend about me coming out to him, she asked him if he was. Which he isn't of course!

He said today that he thinks she may think he is gay because she got pissed at him (he is really sick with a disorder that my son went thru) when he called me the other night to discuss some medical issues hes experiencing. She didn't say anything, but her facial expressions show everything. I am kinda feeling guilty and don't want to come between them, just by being his gay best friend. I told him that and he said don't worry about it & it will be fine.

Am I worrying too much?

2. -Michael-

First of all, you aren't his gay best friend.
    You're just his best friend.

You are worrying a bit much.
    But that's normal.
    No-one wants to make people upset.
    But, her insecurities are her problem.

That's all it is. She's insecure.
    You could perhaps talk to your friend about the situation, he might feel completely different to you and not notice at all, or you may be able to offer him advice on how to he can make his girlfriend feel more secure by doing certain things.

And whatever his disorder is, she needs to be aware and be supportive too, otherwise it's only going to get worse.

3. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    ugh. She's overreacting, Your friend is wonderful, IME it is pretty common for heterosexual women to freak out about potential questioning of sexuality of any kind in their men.

But for men to regard a bisexual woman this way would probably be seen as misogynistic. Though l doubt he is, he just sounds awesome.

lf she can't deal, it's her issue.