1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So now I'm in love.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Robellious, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Robellious

So well theres this guy.. (lol) Well. I now know what it legitimately feels like to be in love haha. I dated girls in the past but I never really got a 'true' connection with them but now this guy made me fall head-over-heels for him haha.

Well I know for a 'fact' hes gay, he goes to the GSA club and everyone tells me he is and he told me too, so thats a plus. Hes a Senior, and I'm a freshman-- but we get along well. But what Is wrong is that all I always see him around, we say hi to eachother and greet eachother alot, like when we see eachother in the hallway we wave and crap but I want to be more into his life-- I was thinking of asking him to be my valentine, I plan on getting him a valentines day card and a teddy bear. But I don't really know how to go up to him, Like should I just talk to him during lunch or something? I feel like I am being a creeper towards him sometimes, like I just added him as a friend on FB and he accepted the request. So thats about it..

So can you please give me some advice to move forward our relationship from acquaintance to friends? Any advice/comments is greatly appreciated and yay! First 'legit' post on the forums.

2. DeanIsHome

Have you tried finding other things that you guy's may have in common? that may be a better step first then once you've learned more about each other you can just talk to him at lunch.

3. PeteNJ

So I know that I'm Dad age compared to you and this guy, but maybe you'll listen anyway ;-)

Very cool that there is a guy who turns you on so much -- good feeling, isn't it! And that he's ok with friending you on FB is excellent.

My suggestion is to ask him to meet you for coffee or something, if its hard to do in person (but that's better), then message him on FB.

And don't load your message to him or your talking to him with "I think I love you" --- if hes' not in that place, you could push him away.

Get a chance to know him better -- cause going from crushing on him to getting him a Valentines card and stuffed animal with no other contact in between is probably a big leap.

All the best!

4. Robellious

Well were both in the Gsa club so maybe I should talk to him more there and also about the Valentines say thing, am I being creepy if I suddenly do that?

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

Thanks for the advice so should I just walk up to him sometime and ask him aboutvalentines day and eventually ask him? Wait before that I should tell him if like to get to know him better?

5. PeteNJ

Get to know him a little better before you ask him to be your Valentine!

6. Robellious

Ok. I will. Should I talk to him on fb? And what should I not talk about? Lool sorry but I don't really know how to 'flit' .. Without being a . Lol