1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing Dating/Texting Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by idleteen, Feb 9, 2013.

1. idleteen

Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I stumbled across this guys Tumblr a couple of weeks ago. Definitely wasn't planning on ever trying to date someone over the internet ever, but I thought he was cute and he seemed to have an awesome personality and was totally my type, so I asked for his number and we started texting Monday. Thursday hits, the conversation was going pretty great and I asked him if he would be up for the long distance thing (we live 6 and a half hours away). He told me no, saying he didn't trust himself because he was "horn dog" and wanted someone he could see and hold; and it was completely understandable. Now I have no idea what to do. Do I still text him? I enjoy talking to him, but I got attached to him way too fast and I do have strong feelings for him. But, my biggest concern is I'll convince myself he'll change his mind over time. (I know I can't force him to) If I stop texting him, I feel like I'll still be pretty bummed out. But I think I'll get over it faster. I would also love some advice for internet dating and ways to find people in general. I struggle with that quite a bit... Because me texting this guy and openly flirting and telling him how I felt was all a first for me. All advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Pain

Pain Guest

Texting him less and less each day helps. If he doesn't reply, it makes him that much easier to let go.

Six hours is a long distance. It's better of you to to deal with your feelings sooner. You've never met him in person, right? You won't know if you do like him until then. There will be more opportunities in the future, so don't be bummed out over this one lost fish.

3. idleteen

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't want to annoy him, though. Should I just straight up ask him if he still wants us to talk? Though he is a huge flirt...