1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what it means

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by f33d, Feb 9, 2013.

1. f33d

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,

My ex-bf used to call me with a female version of my name (do you know what I mean?).
    Dunno why, but when that came about, I felt sort of sick, and really did not like it. I would just get upset, and be like @Oh, stop it!@. I guess I have strong, feminine, side to myself ;D
    However, the thing is it might be a deeper thing. Because it upsets me so much, I'm wondering if it doesn't hit the right place? As for my gender-identity issues, well I'm a guy if you haven't figured, always identified as one.

But
    - as a kid, I wondered what it would be like if I was born a girl, remember I put that thought deep down because it was threatening to me
    - also, I shaved my legs and hands as a 12 year old, only one time as I was told by my mum boys don't do it
    - in my language, we change the verbs and other stuff if they are spoken by a girl or a boy. As a kid I would use the female equivalent. Apparently, a lot of @normal@ boys do it as well, because they spend a lot more time with mums than dads. But, I remember my father laughed at me because of that, and it did hurt me somewhere. @I did grown out of it@ lol.

That's about it. Apart from that I'm a pretty @straight-acting@ guy...

Why do I bring this up? I got very close to one guy recently, and we're just (gay) friends. I recently told him that my ex used to call me @with the female equivalent@ and he picked up on it, and started calling me that (... just to upset me).
    I guess it's an innocent thing, and we're just kind of bullying each other, but the fact is it brought me into writing this thread. I want him to stop, but feel like the more I get upset about this, the more big it becomes, as if I was hiding something or dunno... ;/

Dunno if that means I might have some gender identity problem?

Thanks for your time ;D

#1 f33d, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. Kyubi

hey. It seems like the case. But i'd call it confusion rather than 'problem'. I don't know anything about gender questioning but I guess all the things you described during your childhood either contributed or were a result of the confusion. You should put some thought into how you feel - that's all advice I can give I guess. Wait for a post by someone who knows what they're talking about also.

3. f33d

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't understand because these thoughts are more and more active since I've been called like that. I actually never thought much about this.

Thanks for the advice.. I'm also concerned why they call me like that. I think I'm really not confident and people can tell me pretty much anything.. I was told that I'm really easy to abuse. lol

4. MartyK

MartyK Guest

It could be harmless fun but if something someone says ever bothers you then say it to them.

5. Kyubi

I know during my initial questioning phase the thoughts also became stronger and more as time passed, perhaps it's normal. I also know that as soon as I accepted the thought of me being bisexual, a ton of weight was lifted from my back...it was awesome. So give your thoughts some space and listen to yourself, you'll give ypurself the answer. If you have low self confidence, accepting yourself should almost completely obliterate it - I became more confident in all I did when I came out to myself and it may do the same for you once you understand and know who you are. People may just be jesting like previous poster said and don't mind ehat they say, draw a line if this bothers you and they should back off. Being easily abused may be because of internal conflict - you may be lowering your external defences in order to suppress your feelings about your gender confusion. I wish you the best of luck in finding yourself.