1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pinklov3ly, Feb 9, 2013.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I'm watching Pretty Little Liars, which has a lesbian plot. Anyways, I keep trying to convince that I'm not GAY!! I know that I am, but it's so much easier pretending that I'm straight. I may regret asking for advice or suggestions as to why in the morning, but at the moment I'm trying to figure out why... :help:

I know there's nothing wrong with being a lesbian, but during that "special time" of the month, I can't help but want to be anything, but gay. I'm thinking about seeking therapy, which may help. What the hell is wrong with me?! :frowning2:

#1 pinklov3ly, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. photoguy93

Therapy (done right!) is a great thing to do.

But it sounds like you are just really apprehensive about being gay. Nothing is wrong with you. We all have our own issues. Therapy might help you work on being true to yourself.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much for the quick reply (*hug*)

It's just something that I've never discussed with my doctor. I guess I need to be more open/honest with my doctor.

4. photoguy93

Anytime! I try!

Look at what is really bothering you the most. If you are too afraid to talk about something in particular, then try part of it. For example - I have a lot of issues with guys, not feeling loved by any of them, etc...etc. Instead of worrying about the guys, I'm trying to work on my self confidence, because I think that's the heart of it, or at least a big chunk.

Find the best support you can get, and help yourself! :slight_smile: you can do it! :slight_smile:

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! I have the support that I need, but I everyone I know is straight. It's so much easier being straight. I really thought I was over this craziness, but apparently I'm not :frowning2:

I'm glad that your working on your self confidence, maybe I should give it a try.