1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i forgot to tell you guys....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Feb 10, 2013.

1. MerBear

i came out to my best friend.....and she says she still loves me the same and she's bisexual herself ....well lesbian but says bisexual

i feel kind intimated next to her....
    i guess you could say , i dont feel lesbian enough? because i mean...she's had a real girlfriend for a year now...and has already had sex

i have had a girlfriend online but not in real life and i feel kind of dumb telling her im not straight because.....i ....i guess i feel like stupid for coming out to her ....because i just feel like she doesn't believe me and looks down on me because i've had zero experience with women

i feel like she just views me as one of those girls who say they are bisexual or lesbian because its the norm now....

i haven't had a crush on a guy in 2 years and now i have more reasons for identifying as lesbian but i just feel ....small....insecure

i can't describe it...

i regret it even though she says she still loves me

why do i feel this way? does anyone know

2. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

I can understand it. I feel like I can't call myself a lesbian just because i've had no experience with either gender. But experience doesn't matter. You know you like girls and don't feel the same about guys, right? If you say yes, then that makes you a lesbian. It doesn't matter if you've never had sex with a girl, you still know that you like girls. So don't feel bad about coming out, she may or may not believe you, but you are sure of your sexuality, and it doesn't matter who believes you.

3. DeanIsHome

So are you comparing yourself as a lesbian to her as a lesbian? well she probably realized she was a lesbian way before you and since shes had a gf and everything she's just more comfortable being a lesbian but that shouldn't make you feel insecure about it, When i finally came to terms that i was gay i compared myself to this other boy in my gym class and i felt wrong, i felt like i just "thought" i was gay and he was a real gay, but then i started joining forums etc. and noticed everyone's different so i stopped comparing.

4. MerBear

yeah , i know..i've had experience with guys and didnt like...it seemed.
    i just wanted something perfect but something was missing it seemed

---------- Post added 10th Feb 2013 at 11:26 AM ----------

yeah , i just guess ...i should stop ...but i feel insecure still about my sexuality

5. Tiny Catastrophe

Just because you haven't had the same experiences as her it doesn't mean you're "less of a lesbian" than she is. I know some people who are gay who choose to remain celibate. Doesn't make them any "less" gay. You don't have to be in a relationship or have sex with someone to know your sexuality. Think about it this way, a straight person is still straight even if they're a virgin and never had a relationship. I wouldn't worry about it so much. The important thing is that YOU know who you are and how you feel and accept yourself for who you are.

6. MerBear

im trying to.

i guess its just the relationship part of it

7. Tiny Catastrophe

I never had a relationship with a girl when I came out as bi a few years ago. You don't have to be in a relationship to "prove" your sexuality. Wait for the right person to come around. You're still young. No need to rush it.

8. MerBear

yeah i know.
    im trying to get over my ex online too , i had recently let her go...it wasnt easy but finally did it for her

9. Tiny Catastrophe

Based on personal experience I would stay away from doing online relationships. They very rarely work out well. Just enjoy being young and when the right girl comes along take it from there.

10. MerBear

i know they dont. she was my only one....

but i have to be honest....i cared for her a lot....
    she was real , dont worry about that.

11. Tiny Catastrophe

Oh I'm not just talking about the being real aspect of it. I've been in relationships online a few times with people I really cared about and one of the girls I met after a while and spent a lot of time with over the course of 2 years and she was completely different in person than she was online. That's why I'm saying be careful. Just trying to save you a bit of heartache since I've been in that situation before.

But like I said before just be happy with who you are and don't think you have to prove anything to anyone.

12. MerBear

yeah..i know...funny story actually haha
    i never like telling people about her because they see it as a joke so i keep it inside

13. Tiny Catastrophe

I think some people just feel like a relationship is only real if the person is physically there. They don't realize it's possible to have feelings for someone even if they aren't physically in front of you but there's also that issue of people can pretend they're someone they're not when you only talk to them online. Like they can alter their personality and make up anything about them self.

And even though it didn't work out with that girl doesn't mean it won't with someone else.

14. MerBear

i know....it just still hurts...
    7 months of....just....i cant even say ...

she wanted me to move on for my sake so i did.....
    i miss you but its for the best it seems....\

i hate crying...ugh

15. Tiny Catastrophe

Don't get upset about it. Just be happy it happened and realize that you will find something even better with someone else even if you can't picture it now (based on personal experience).

16. MerBear

im trying...
    i am....

my hands are shaking....stupid caffeine

17. Tiny Catastrophe

Ah caffeine. I can't have it anymore because of medical reasons but I could drink a whole lot of it and be perfectly fine. I drank coffee and Monster alll the time.

18. MerBear

i never tried an energy drink before

19. Tiny Catastrophe

Those things are really not good for anyone. I could only handle Monster (well I technically wasn't supposed to have it but I could handle it) because I have a heart condition where I'm not supposed to have anything that can accelerate my heart rate. Now I also have GI issues so my body does not react well to caffeine so I just stopped having it.

20. MerBear

im sorry :frowning2: (*hug*)