1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell my friends I'm FTM?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mothcaterpillar, Feb 10, 2013.

1. mothcaterpillar

I am now out to my parents and my doctor but I haven't told my friends (except all you amazing EC people) :icon_bigg :eusa_danc
    I only have 2 friends from secondary school and a group of friends at 6 form.
    I'm not that close to any of them and unlike the adults I've told they don't have to accept it because they have no reason to have unconditional love for me or to have to treat me (as a doctor)
    I almost feel like I don't need to tell them but I can't really turn up to 6 form or go somewhere with them n suddenly I've got properly male hair and a lower voice and maybe even facial hair (I can't wait for the mustache(!))
    I have always dressed as a boy and I have been asked "are you a boy or a girl" by like 12 year olds when I've been with 1 of my friends but I said girl after hesitation. :confused:

also I have to have a blood test tommorow :eek: :help: :tears: I am TERRIFIED !!!
    just to help my dad realise that I don't have a hormone imbalance and to confirm I'm anemic n whatever (I need to gain 22 pounds in weight (I wish in money :icon_wink) to get into my healthy BMI range)

but I'm now 5 foot 3 inches tall ! (!) YAY

2. SparkleDuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If I were you I'd just test my luck and tell them. Not altogether in a large group or anything. I realize everyone's situation is different, but how I came out was, I gradually began telling the ones I felt I was closest too. Even if you guys are all not entirely that close.. just try and think of who'd probably be the most accepting and start your way with them. Unless they're extremely religious or something, you'd be surprised how accepting some people can be. Good luck.

3. mothcaterpillar

I've been warned a lot about how unaccepting people can be especially cos some of them might be immature (the youngest are 16 n i havent seen any immaturity from any of them)
    I don't know if any of them are at all religious although my best friend has a cross pendent above their bed n jesus pictures in their bedroom n it kinda freaked me out a bit