1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fall out of love

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DavyBoy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. DavyBoy

DavyBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I went to a party the other day and while there I saw a guy that I really do care about. We have already shared a few nights together, sober, and one night not so much. I care about him a lot and he really cares for me.

I haven't told him anything yet, he just sees me as a very close friend. He has me confused because when we are alone he acts real flirty and his form of having "bonding time" is to be alone together and stay curled up beneath some blankets with one another. It's all started to become very confusing but I digress.

To return to the main point, at the party I saw him and wanted to finally tell him and I chickened out because there are circumstances that I'm afraid will prevent the two of us. It's a mess and I'm leaving out some points that relate to why I'm walking in a mine field. I don't want to hurt him and I don't want to hurt anyone else because of my stupid decisions so right now I just want to fall out of love. I know it's a weird idea, who wants to fall out of love even when you care about someone so much... But I don't know what to do anymore so if anyone knows please help. I don't want to feel love, I want it to go away.

2. Minx

I don't think falling out of love is something you can will yourself to do.

If you feel your presence will truly hurt this person, maintain what distance you can. :slight_smile:

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You cannot fall out of love in my experience, you can only move away from it, but go back and love is still there.

Even if the person does something hurtful often the pang of love still exists.

Stuck

4. Rivers

The feeling of love never completely disappears; it merely hides in a corner, far from view. But when you start thinking about it again, it returns, perhaps even more painful than before.

Just don't think about the guy, and he'll fade a little from your mind.