1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to forget someone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thebrightficus, Feb 10, 2013.

1. hi all! i'm in a bit of a predicament. some time ago (months ago is more like it) i befriended a gay friend and i truly loved him (in a friendship way). but, time eventually passed by and i had huge mood swings that caused me to just abandon him. i regret it. there was no reason and even during the moment where i left him, i could not possibly deny the feeling of love that i shared for him. i miss him so and i can't forget him. i don't even want to forget him. he was my first gay friend who i loved.

the only thing i have left of him is a nickname he gave me, but even so, it still reminds me of him. it's not much, but it still means something to me.

btw, i met him online. after awhile, he abandoned his account that we met through and i have no idea where he is anymore. i just want to find closure. any advice?

oh and i suppose on that note, anyone know how to control mood swings? lol. those things have been the main reason that im screwing myself over all the time.

2. DeanIsHome

wow, I was going to say "out of sight out of mind" but you met online, I guess the easiest thing to do is to meet someone else who can fill up you're mind, i do that when i have a crush i need to forget.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Making it your goal to forgot someone is the worst way to forgot them, because you're still centering your thoughts on them. Find other things that are worth spending your time on, and occupy yourself with them. Not because you want to forget him, but because you want to spend time on them.

4. FemCasanova

I cannot really give advice on this, because I am shitty bad at getting over stuff. I guess there`s still hope though, because even though one cannot always get over people, or feelings, we can learn to live with them, and they fade in time! We just can`t try so hard to forget, because then they stick to our minds like glue. Let it be okay to hurt a bit. And turn your focus on other things.
    *hugs!*

5. Kay

Kay Guest

I don't think I have ever forgotten anyone. The pain lessens. The immediate memory fades but certain situations still bring that person to mind. Left alone time erodes the images and eventually you get to the point of not caring. I think for me That's the best I can do.

6. Motov

Your mood swings will slow down as you get older, what is important is catching yourself when they start, the earlier you catch yourself the easier it becomes to keep in check. Recognize what triggers the event and take steps to break those triggers that cause your mood swings.