1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want To Break-up. Advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by worriedWardrobe, Feb 10, 2013.

1. worriedWardrobe

My boyfriend is awful; just bloody awful. He's mean, invasive, and annoying.

How do I do it?

Also:
    -I'm borrowing a book from him. Do I give it back first?
    -What about the things he bought me? Do I have to give them back?

Someone please help me!

2. RainbowMan

Hmm, having never been in a relationship I'm probably not the right person to answer this. But speaking from a purely logical "what would I do" standpoint:

1) Return his book, it's only fair.
    2) No need to give things back to him, but remember that they are going to remind you of him for as long as you have them.

Interested to here what others say.

3. Minx

Try to do it in person, be open and honest.

Give the book back right away.

Don't give back gifts, unless they're really asked for. Hopefully he isn't petty enough for that.

Best of luck. :slight_smile:

4. FemCasanova

Yeah, give the book back first. In fact, give away and fix everything you can before breaking up with him, then you won`t have to deal with it after, save you some negative energy from him. And no, gifts do not have to be returned, unless it`s something really expensive, then I would personally give it back to avoid drama.

Try to be inreachable for a little time first. Stay off sex for a few weeks, distance yourself emotionally, give little signs that you are removing yourself from his life. That will tip him off on beforehand, so that he`s a little prepared and don`t get too shocked. I like doing it that way, because then they get some pre-time to prepare for it emotionally. And then just tell him straight up, preferably not at your home. Either outside somewhere or at his place, so that you can tell him, say your sorries, and then leave :slight_smile:

5. Motov

1) return the book
    2) optional on the gifts depends on how you feel about them, if you like them keep them, if you think they'll remind you too much of him return them. your call.

Be firm but gentle when you tell him, list the things you don't tolerate, then say you are done, I prefer a neutral setting, not your place, and not his place, state your case, then leave