1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rain33, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok so i came out in september to my mom
    and then like a month ago i came out to my best friend
    then a week ago i came out to two more friends
    i want to be in a relationship but im afraid to because then everyone will know im gay
    you know
    i know a couple of gay/bi guys but they are all friends with friends of mine or they are somehow connected and im afraid if i do pursue a relationship everyone will know
    but then i think to myself why should i care its my life screw them why do i feel this way why do i have to shape my life around them
    see no one actually believe i was gay when i came out because i hid it that good
    im not flamboyant (sp?) at all i want to be in a relationship and it just sucks
    im afraid to because if i come out to everyone because they will all hate me
    i live in the bible belt and it is against gays
    but yea what should i do???????????????????????:confused

2. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    also since ive come out i feel different i mean sometimes i feel really happy but then at times i regret it so much and i feel rally depressed

3. step49x

If you do go and get in an open relationship with another guy, people are going to find out. How fast they find out really depends on two things: how public you are with your relationship (aka. holding hands, having make-out sessions in the hall between classes), and how big your school is (the fewer the people, the faster news travels). I've heard of people having secret relationships, so I know it's possible. I'm not sure how healthy those types of relationships are, though.

Why do you shape your life around what everyone else thinks of you? I personally don't know the answer, but I've been doing pretty much the same thing. Annoying, ain't it?

I'm also similar to you in the fact that I'm not flamboyant. Did people think I was gay? I'm actually curious about that, myself. You see, I'm not one to hear any of the gossip that goes on, so I really have no idea what other people thought of me. And for the most part, I didn't care.

If you do get into a relationship, there is always the possibility that other people will find out. You just need to go right now and judge how important that actually is to you right now.

Why should you care what others think? Really, you shouldn't. But one thing to consider: how much longer are you going to be going to school with them?

4. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am 15 i turn 16 in a couple of months so that means im a sophmore. Yea ive been with these kids forever. I have one friend and we have been friends since 6th grade and she is homeschooled now. She was like who the fuck cares what they think. If they are realy your friends they will accept you. And i agree with that but ive even heard the teachers making fun of gay people and stuff. Its so hated here. When i was in middle school a girl was expelled because a teacher found a note she wrote her girlfriend. They were lesbians.
    It sucks cause i am pretty well known and if i come out now everyone will freak out. I really dont know what to do. I want to come out to everyone but then i start to think what everyone will think and i start to rethink it. But im so glad ive come out to a few people because atleast i can talk to them about it.
    And if i was to date a guy he might not neccisarily go to my school beacuse a lot of the guys i know that are gay dont go to my school.

5. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

Hello, my name is Alex and I'm 18 years old. I started to come out to friends and people around the age of 16 as well. My family has never moved to another town and I've never had to switch schools. The friends I made in elementary school are still the friends I have today.

When I came out to my friends, everyone was pretty much ok with it. I am not at all what most people think of when they think of gay guys. I'm geeky, dress about the same the entire time in neutral colors, and can barely draw stick figures. When I mentioned liking guys the first time to friends, they were all really shocked. They had just never pictured me possibly being gay, but later they all sort of seemed to think it fit.. I get alone very well with girls, but have never had a girlfriend or even talked about girls in anyway but friends. So, even if some of my friends were weird about me being gay, they have all pretty much gotten over it.

Coming out is sharing something of your personal life with those you care about. While it may not be the most central part of your identity, it is you. Everyday I am meeting new people or coming into situations where I continually ask myself how "out" I feel comfortable being. At work, I just don't feel comfortable talking about that part of myself, so I don't. Though, at school, I've come to not care how open I am. When you stop caring about keeping the secret, you are free to be yourself. That freedom gives you more power over those who would gossip or taunt you, but it is difficult making those first steps.

As for a boyfriend, just wait until you find a boy who you *really* want to ask out. Just having a boyfriend to have one, does not mean a lot. Wait until you have felt a connection with a guy before you jump the gun. If you do that, then just take it one day at a time. Because, if you've found a special person to share time with, then you are stronger to face what might lay ahead.

Best of luck!

6. GuitarGirl1350

My advice is not to have a secret relationship; they're not healthy; they aren't nice; they aren't fun. Come out. That's my advice, unless you're in a situation where you will loose your home.

7. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    update on my story-

Ive come out to a few more people its like up to 10 now im just happier all around i can be myself around the people that matter. Its amazing what a diffrence it makes i mean you dont have to feel like your always hiding something. But just to show you how ignorant it is in tennessee. Ok today in class i heard the most ignorant comment ive ever heard from a teacher ever i almost couldnt breathe it made me sick to my stomach i couldnt believe someone i was told to respect made such a comment. Ok my teacher was talking about what national day it was or whatever he always writes it on the board and today is national rememrance of transexxuals day or something and he goes what are they remembering when they used to be a little normal before they got "fixed" and then the class all laughed. and in teh past he has made remarks like one time we were talking about clubs and someone asked about a gay/straight alliance club and he was like we dont have that here they have that kind of stuff in california where most of THEM are. i couldnt believe my ears it made me want to throw up. anyways i just thought id share that with you guys.

8. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

Congrats on more coming out! It's a great feeling to just let yourself act without running everything through the closet filter..

Sorry about your teacher's comments and attitudes. Some people just don't get it..

9. tired_of_lying411

some people just don't know how to act...:eusa_naug
    I can't wait for the day when stuff like that is looked at as being as mean as saying the N word.

10. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    another update-
    i just came out to both of my sisters who are both in college
    they were so supportive it made me so happy they were like we love you no matter what and that will never change it doesnt matter who you love we will always have your back it made me really happy so now the only one i havent told is my dad im hoping to tell him before christmas but yea ive made so much progress in since september god in september i would have never expected that i would be out to so many people

11. Sam

Sam

congratulations! I'm so happy for you yeah pretty much all I have left is my dad too I think I'm gonna tell him soon I'm just really nervous about it. people give us crap about stuff but they have no idea how hard it is to be who we are and to tell the ones we love about who we are congratulations again! I hope everything with your dad works out great.

12. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok this morning before school i came out to my dad
    my dad took it really good he was happy for me
    so im out to my whole family! =)

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Excellent news - congratulations!! (!) (!) (!)

14. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    That's awesome!! Congratulations!! That really took some guts.

15. cyclopsrock

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    YAY!!!! congrats x 50 gagillion

16. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yea my whole family was great about it it was amazing i feel so much better now

also i like this guy and he likes me too so i may start dating soon

17. step49x

First off, congrats on coming out to your dad! So far (as far as my family goes), I've only come out to my parents (i'm waiting to come out to my younger siblings until I'll have a few consecutive days home where i can come out to them, and then still be around a few days later if they want to talk about anything).

Second, I'm really jealous of you. There's this guy I kind of like, but I'm pretty positive he's straight (kind of kills the chance of anything happening.. :lol: ). You'll have to keep us informed on what happens with that. :wink:

18. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yea actually 3 guys like me right now
    im not interested in 2 of them
    and i liek one of them well kind of
    i dont really know
    im not sure if im ready to date just yet you know?

19. step49x

I'm not sure if anyone likes me (in that sort of way).

While I've seen people date at your age, remember that there's no rush. I think it really depends on how you and the other guy feel about it.

20. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    another update-

im out to a lot more people now

most of my close friends know
    id say about 40 people know now
    and i am talking to this guy hes 18 and hes really amazing i think we might start dating we are hanging out again this week