1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it wrong what I am doing...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Maatt, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Maatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello :slight_smile:
    So, I am 16, and gay but I have only ever came out to my best friends.

My dilemma:
    I've been chatting with this guy on ******, he is 21 and seems really down to earth and a nice guy to speak with, and we have been texting and skyping. He asked me today if I want to meet up with him for a coffee to chat about sexuality ect, because he was great at giving me advice before. Do I say yes to meeting up with him? Or is it too risky?

--

Please give me your feedback below x x x If you need further details - post below or PM me :slight_smile:

2. Bree

Meeting someone for coffee in a public place isn't too risky. Just remember to tell a friend where you're going.

Is this a platonic conversation, or more than that?

3. SomeNights

take a friend....be careful and meet in a public place. Avoid anywhere that would be considered easy to disappear from!

4. prism

-Meet in a public setting
    -Tell a friend or family member where you're going and who you are meeting up with
    -Designate specific check-in times (every hour or so send a quick text saying everything is okay)
    -If you change locations, make sure your friend knows

5. Minx

I can't add anything that hasn't been covered up above.

Just please be careful. :slight_smile:

6. 461 467

Why would a 21 year old want to discuss sexuality with a 16 year old? That's a bit disturbing to me.

7. SomeNights

it is but it isn't.....16 in most states is the age of consent.

legal aspect aside I get what you are saying, but at the same time I've got a friend who is 19 and he only goes for older guys (age 30+) and when you think about it, it only sounds bad b/c the "teen" suffix. 6 years ~~~ kinda pushing it (for me really pushing my own personal preference)

on another note, that's not the question the OP asked. so who are we to judge?

seriously though play the situation safe!

8. MartyK

MartyK Guest

The fact that you're asking if it's risky means you have doubt. If you have doubt then maybe it's too early!

9. Maatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the support!
    I've decided I'll not reply to him for a little while.

10. Ditz

Public venue with other people around would be common sense... But I'd rather be on the conservative side and say it is not appropriate, simply because the discussion is leaning towards sexuality and frankly that's not the type of discussion you should be having in person with a much older guy that you've met online. My advice would be to rather discuss those sort of things with a councillor.

At 21 his hormones will still be on the wild side, and you at 16 most definitely... add the sex talk on top of that irrespective of how innocent it might be and you have a recipe for something that could escalate into something that you are definitely not ready for. I don't think it's a safe or wise move on your behalf so no, don't do it.