1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I found this, opinions?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Laurenngoesrawr, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Laurenngoesrawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "There is no law specific to lesbian dating. There are no laws regarding dating at all.

Regardless of sexual orientation, a minor can date anyone her parents give her permission to date, and cannot date anyone her parents do not give her permission to date. Period. That's it.

There are likewise no laws regarding the two of you living with her mother. If the mother permits you to move in you may. If she does not give you permission, you may not.

Now, if you're talking about having sex with a minor, that's a different story and depends on which of the two states you have listed, you actually mean. However, in all 50 states, even if the state has given permission for a minor to have sex, the parent can prohibit it and the prohibition will stand up. Over the age of consent or under it, you can bet the rent that no state is going to tell a parent that they must allow their minor child to have a sexual relationship if they do not want her to, and if they want to keep their minor child away from the person who suggests a sexual relationship (regardless of whether that person is male or female) the parent is going to win 100% of the time.

These answers would be exactly the same if we were talking about a heterosexual relationship. "

Now, I realize I may be researching into this topic a little too far, but sometimes I just can't take 'No, it won't work out.' for an answer. So I did a little research on laws in Virginia and found this, in quite a few places. I'm starting to believe it, and if there's anyone else that lives in Virginia or knows about laws and stuff, please help! Not looking for anyone that's just going to burst my bubble or continue to tell me to give it up..

2. BudderMC

I feel like if you were totally content with that information about the law, you wouldn't be asking this question. If you're doubting proceeding since the law says it could be okay, what's making you so uneasy?

3. Tiny Catastrophe

That's basically what I had told you on the other thread. Dating is okay but when it comes to sexual contact that's a different story. If you're a minor and have sexual contact/intercourse with someone who is a legal adult that's considered statutory rape and if there is enough evidence for a conviction (if it is reported to the cops) the adult in the situation will forever be labeled as a sex offender.

4. Akatosh

Would you mind sharing which government website this was pulled from? Under which article, clause, etc? Just wondering for credibility purposes..

---------- Post added 11th Feb 2013 at 11:37 AM ----------

Nvm.. googled it.. only found reference in another forum, though. May I ask why you're looking into this?

#4 Akatosh, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  5. caughtbywitness

ANECDOTE

In England, there was never a law against lesbians. When they made it in the 19th century, Victoria made them change the legislation to solely gay-relationships as she said 'women don't do things like that' :slight_smile:

6. Laurenngoesrawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm just not sure if it's true, so I'm asking you guys. I'm uneasy because it's upsetting to know I found someone that makes me happy and I don't even know if I could be with her publicly..

7. BudderMC

Are you not happy otherwise?