1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird parent comment...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LEZmis4, Feb 11, 2013.

1. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So, I haven't come out to my parents yet. A few weeks ago, I came close, but I chickened out. All I ended up saying was "it would be so much easier if you would just figure it out..." My mom brought that up again tonight...I smiled and said "I stand by my comment." Then we talked about my therapist, and all of the sudden my mom looks me in the eyes and says, "all your Dad and I want is for you to be happy and not alone. And no matter what, I will always love you...you're my daughter, and nothing will ever change that..." It was sweet. I still chickened our again. But, it does seem like she's given me the green light to tell her when I'm ready, no???

2. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know your parents but if my mother said that to me it would mean she already knows and is just waiting for me to tell her. She has given you the green light.

3. DeanIsHome

I think there's a good chance she's giving you the green light but always be prepared for the worst, my parent's always said they'd love me even if i was a serial killer (they actually used that example) but when my mom found out i was gay... Anyways I think you have a good shot at telling them.

4. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I say drop everything and tell them right now! ^___^

Or in the morning xD

5. Sounds like a good sign to me.

6. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok. That's kind of how I saw it, too...like they already suspect and are just making sure I know they're ok. I was curious if I was misinterpreting...seems not. I will say, It almost made me cry. I still couldn't do it, but I feel like there's a better chance I will soon.

7. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Green light!

8. FemCasanova

You could just write it in an SMS or an E mail, and confess that you`re having problems telling them out loud. To me, it sounds like she already knows technically, but is asking you to confirm it. I think you can safely tell her, she is definitely giving you the green light :slight_smile:

*hugs*

9. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like that idea. I can express myself far better in writing. When I have to talk, I get tongue tied a lot. And I don't want this to come across in a way that makes me seem unsure; I'm not. I might not be fully accepting of it yet, but I am not unsure. I want her to get that so I don't have to deal with the "really???? Are you sure?" questions.

I was surprised she said it; I didn't think they had any idea. I am glad, though...it made me feel better knowing that when I tell her it won't be so shocking to them. :slight_smile: