1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomorrow I will try and tell my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WitchOfSpace, Feb 11, 2013.

1. WitchOfSpace

Out Status:
    A few people
    Tomorrow I am going to try and call my mom and tell her about my gender issues. I really want to see a therapist and hopefully start on the road to presenting female and HOPEFULLY getting HRT (though I worry a therapist might say "no" to that or say I'm not really transgendered).

I want to transition. Badly It's something I'm really desperate to do and I'm so tired of waiting. :icon_sad:

I'll probably chicken out... but a close friend of mine and one of a small number of people I'm out to is being really encouraging and saying that I really should do it. I want to listen to her this time. I've really known this about myself since I was... 19. I'm 21 now. I had fantasies about being female for many, many years before that. I am so tired of waiting and I feel like I'm running out of time. I want to pass. Even be pretty. I'd do anything for that.

I've had an incredibly emotional and stressful day and tomorrow could either be crushing for me, or uplifting. I don't know. Probably a mix of both.

I'm sorry for rambling. Just... posting this to give me that little extra bit of incentive to actually go through with it.

2. Ianthe

You can do it! Let us know how it goes!

You do not have to wait for permission from a therapist to start changing your gender presentation, though. You can just start wearing the clothes you want to, and wear your hair differently, and so on. You can completely change to women's attire all at once, or you can start with just some small things.

3. unbreakable

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope it goes well for you

When you go to a therapist, try and get a lgbt friendly one. And if you can't find one, just remember you can always change therapists until you find one who truly supports you.

4. WitchOfSpace

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't do it. There's too much keeping me from doing this. I've been here before... and I'll be here again. I just can't do it though. Not this time.