1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I bi?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PiscesAlien, Feb 12, 2013.

1. PiscesAlien

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For as long as I can remember I've been attracted to both men and women. It's just that before I didn't know much about sexual orientations or anything like that and I just thought it was normal. I live in the South and people don't usually talk much about sex where i'm from. So even though I was expirencing all of these sexual feelings I couldn't put my finger on what was going on. Actually it never really bothered me. I like feeling this way, who doesn't. I've always been kind of an outsider and i've been through a lot of bullying so why come out if everyone in your school thinks you're gay anyway, it would just make things worse. But that's behind me now. It's just that I've never had any internal pressure to be straight. I just want to know why most people become or are bisexual. I just need some insight. I've never did it with anyone before.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because you got lucky. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Well, lets be clear, nobody chooses to be gay or bi. Some people are bi as a transition to being gay, but they were gay to begin with, and there are legitimate bi people out there. I bet you didnt really want to choose to be bullied at school, and for people to call you gay, I mean who would choose that? Right?

The second thing is that everyone, including gay/bi/straight/trans people have whats called internalized homophobia, it kind of exists in us all. When we are more secure in our sexualities it starts to demising, but its always kind of standing behind us telling us we are not good enough. Its just a form of shame.

The best thing you can do for yourself right now is perhaps think of the things that are really scaring you about being attracted to the same sex. Your future life, acceptance, your peers and parents reactions when you tell them. Whatever it is. And really start to walk into the "dark side" of it all. Its kind of when you start to go into the darkness that you can start exposing all the stuff thats hiding to the light. Thats called self discovery, and its the most frighting, and exciting thing you will ever do.

4. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Did I read that correctly? You have not had sex yet with either sex but think you are assuming you are bi?

If that is true... Insufficient evidence to assume anything.

Give it more time and physical experience.

Stuck

5. WitchOfSpace

Out Status:
    A few people
    So... can't have a sexual orientation if I'm a virgin? Yeah, no. :dry:

6. dont listen to him girl (*hug*)

to OP i dont think anyone can say why they are the way they are its just... them. no one chooses it. they chose to make themselves happy that is one thing but they dont chose who or what makes them happy. and dont listen to the guy above either, you dont have to have had any sexual experience to know who you are. its a myth! just keep being you (*hug*)