1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Act Around Your Girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RainbowWolfie, Feb 12, 2013.

1. RainbowWolfie

I recently asked out a girl from my school and she said yes.
    :slight_smile:
    However, now that we are going out, I am really nervous. How do I act around her?
    My friend told me to act like I would normally, but then what's the difference between us going out and us not being together?
    I like to cuddle and give quick kisses, but I am really shy and I also have problems taking the lead in a relationship.
    :tears:
    How can I introduce such things as cuddling and kissing into our relationship?
    Thank you for any advice and help you can provide.

2. theMaverick

Just act however comes natural to you. If you aren't good at taking the lead in the relationship, don't force yourself to do it. She said yes, so you've got something going for you right there, and you want the person to be dating you for who you are not for who they think you are. Good luck.

3. tell her what youve told us. relationships are built on communication and trust.
    be yourself. get to know her. talk to her and say what you told us that way you know what she feels comfortable with e,t,c

4. Sarah1

Sarah1 Guest

awe, this is cuuutte

5. RainbowWolfie

Huge thank yous go out to everyone who replied~!
    (*hug*)
    I am actually thinking about talking to her about it, and you're right about the fact that I just need to be myself.
    :slight_smile:

6. Tycho

Yep, being yourself and being comfortable with being yourself around her is the healthiest for your relationship. I remember one of my first GFs I was too afraid to be myself and needless to say it didn't go all that well.

Don't be scared, you'll do fine :grin:

7. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    This is too cute. :slight_smile: Good luck. (*hug*)