1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gunna sound stupid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by flyinhernikes, Feb 12, 2013.

1. my mum has always always always reiterated to me 'its okay if youre gay just dont flaunt it'. ive just come to accept that as being my mum lol, its not that that bothers me.

what bothers me is im going to get my hair cut in a few weeks for charity but its gunna be like SUPER short sort of like charlie from mk1s hair. (google her if you dont know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

ive always had long hair and been femme and when i told my mum all she was worried about was 'but your hair is gunna be really short' and i said yeah but they have cancer. she then agreed but didnt seem thrilled with the idea of me having short hair.

thing is i know its a long way off but im petrified of getting it cut, not because it will be short but because my mum will then think i look like a lesbian and just it will probably take her a whole lot of getting used to me then 'looking' like a lesbian and then not accept me again for 'flaunting' being gay. like its taken her 6 years to accept me now i just dont want this to ruin all the hard work its taken her over something so little.

i shouldnt be afraid its just a hair cut but i am, its a big deal for her you know. idk what im looking for i just kinda need a hug. if anyone has any advice that would be cool too.

like she has had an influence over so many haircuts. i wanted part of my head shaved she then turned round and said no you dont want that. its ridiculous i just feel like a big baby whenever my ideas go against what my mum thinks is okay lol.

2. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The best advice I can give is remind her that it was for a good cause and that should be more then enough of a reason. She sounds like she wouldn't like this response but its all I can suggest.