1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving on...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by XsabercaliberX, Feb 12, 2013.

1. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Before you read this here's a recap of what happened. My boyfriend who I went out with for 2 years suddenly moved away to Georgia and I currently live in PA. We decided to give it a little time before we officially end it. Now here's the moving on part. We can't stand being apart anymore and decided that it would be to painful to continue going out if we can't physically be with each other. So we both decided that moving on is the best choice for us both. Both of us still have to focus in school jobs and home. We can't dwell on the fact that were not together and we both still have another few years before we might even have the chance to see each other (I'd say 5 years at least). I'm still sad about it but I think that I'll be fine and do what's best for us and move on.

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry that it had to end like this. It's a lot harder to make a decision like this when you're so young. I really hope you two can at least remain friends.

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around this to be honest. You two were together for 2 years and, out of nowhere, he moves away. I know for a fact that I would not be able to break up with someone after 2 years just because of distance.

3. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had a very isolated childhood I never got attached to things. Yes I'm disappointed about it and never forget him but just the way I grew up didn't make ne think I'll never get over or I'll commit suicide because of it. Also we know it's going to be a VERY VERY long time before we see each other again. I k ow it's hard to understand but I'm here in PA for the same reason my dad needed work and moved here (I used to live in NY) and I left my ex boyfriend behind because I knew that I wouldn't be able to go back for at least 8 years (I was at least 10 and he was 11 I knew that I wouldn't be able to move until I was at least 20 considering how pricy it was over there) anyway thanks for the support and we are both still friends we still talk on the phone facebook and text each other. To be honest I really don't know if I moved on and I'm just telling myself I did and I'm not sure if he's doing the same what do you think?

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was wondering if maybe you are the type that just doesn't get attached to things. I am the complete opposite. I'm not clingy, but I'm the type of person that will take great measures to be with someone, even if I have to leave everything else behind, such as: job, school, etc. But it would be different if I were below the age of 18. I'd wait till I finished high school first, and then figure something out.
    As for you, I don't know. Maybe you are telling yourself you're ready to move on because it was a mutual agreement for you both to move on. It will probably take a little more time to know whether or not you're able to move on.