1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm crashing right now...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chierro, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I seriously can't take anything anymore. Between homework, stress from the Bowling Team, and douchebag people in my life...I feel like I'm on a collision course with disaster.

I have layers upon layers of homework, mostly English, that needs to be done, especially since third quarter is arguably the busiest time of the school year. I have been copying Latin translations offline (something I never do), getting study guide answers offline for an English packet, copy from my sister's old vocab workbook. I have an essay all about what I want to be when I grow up due next Thursday and I only have one solid paragraph out of five done, and did I mention that I don't even know what I want to do? How am I supposed to handle all of this stuff?? I have other classes piling on and I feel like I'm just going to snap under all of the pressure.

For bowling...it's been a rough season. My entire team practically hates me, aside from 2-3 people. How is that supposed to be a solid environment? I have been struggling all season to get my way up to the top and within the last three weeks a douchebag with the biggest ego ever beat me out and there's no way I can beat him out...there goes Highest JV Average award...I manage to claw my way into the upcoming invitational but the earlier said douchebag will be there and will be bowling with us. I can't stand his ego, he thinks he's perfect but he's not. He's gotten so high by luck, he doesn't know what he's doing. I have one more match, one more practice and the invitational and I might just barely be able to deal with him. Even if I do, he's going to be there next year and I will snap...I detest him. Any ways that any of you guys know how to deal with this?

Douchebags in general...I hate them. Well, not hate exactly, but really, really don't like. Like what's their deal, I never did anything wrong to them, so why do things wrong to me? It just seems like most people in my life are douchebags. A very nice example would be my friend Nate just yesterday. He wanted me to explain to him why I'm bi. What am I supposed to say? That I like sucking dick? Nate's straight and still slightly a homophobe, it's hard enough trying to talk to him about guys let alone tell him why...he'd probably hate me. Like what am I supposed to do in a situation like that? Or with douchebags in general?

Overall I wanna know how to calm myself. I feel that if I keep going on like this, I will undoubtedly snap under pressure. Any advice will be welcomed.

2. BornInTexas

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) You need a bunch of these. I'd love to give you one, and hopefully, it would work.

It sounds like you are under a lot of stress. When I am stressed out, I usually just cry. My brain goes into overload and I just cry. It's understandable, you're not sure how to react. Maybe try that, it relieves my stress. However, it's not for everyone.

To deal with the douchebags, don't listen to them. They are just idiots and only want a reaction from you. Explain why you are bi? Hahahahhaa! The bully doesn't know what he is talking about. Just try to ignore him, and if it doesn't work, try finding a teacher or some new friends. The teachers in my school don't do much, but my friends definitely help. Especially since they have an overall sense of power around them. :slight_smile:

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) here are a couple more. You need them.

Bowling and studying. Set aside time for both activities, along with maybe a few breaks here and there. Make a schedule for each week. It helps you get organized, and you learn to handle stress better. I hope my advice helps.

Also, I am here to talk if you are in any other stress and feel free to message me any time. I do my best to respond, and my ears are open and willing to listen. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. SomeKid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Awww. Just hang in there... Trust me, it all passes and everything is greener on the other side. Don't listen too much to people who question who you are. Feel free to message me too if you need to vent :grin:

4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @BornInTexas
    See, I can't make myself cry. I don't even know when the last time it was that I cried. That brings up a whole slew of other stuff that I won't get into.

The thing is with Nate, we are friends. He can just be a total ignorant bastard, not a bully. Today I finally took the initiative I've been wanting to and submitted an anonymous online bullying form to our Guidance office addressing homophobia specifically. I didn't say my name so the only way they could connect it to me is if my file in guidance actually says I'm bi (in middle school I got called down to guidance several times because I was apparently suicidal and needed 'guidance' on being bi...espcecially awkward since that was when I had just started coming out). I hope this helps with the homophobia at my school, but my school is pretty lame at some things...

For bowling and studying, I do have specific days for bowling. I go practice with my grandma once a week without the rest of my team. I have two days of practice with the team a week. My parents keep urging me to go bowling with my friends for fun. I don't though, especially since I get too worked up. For homework, yeah I just do that whenever...no specific time. Technically I should be doing that right now instead of being on here...but I feel like I might snap.

Too make everything better, I'm sick too, and can't afford to be sick. Too busy.

5. BornInTexas

I'm sorry to hear that. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)
    Nate sounds like a weird friend, but do you have any other friends? If he is being ignorant, I would want to distance myself from him. It's good that you addressed the homophobia situation. I never had enough courage to do that. Let me know how that goes.

Since you're sick, get some rest! It is very easy to get stressed over a lot of things if you are thinking and you are sick. I know you don't have enough time to be sick, but you sound like you need a break. Or at least some shut eye. A lot of people can't cry, but I just break down. Might just be me... hahaha. Anyhow, I'm not sure where else I can give advice. If you ever want to vent, message me on PM. I'm willing to listen.

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nate's just grown up conservatively, I've tried to open his mind but that doesn't seem to work. I have other friends but only two I could talk to about stuff. One is Matt, who's straight and Catholic but open-minded and a great guy, I try not to text him too much because that seems to just annoy him. The other is Alex who I don't want to go into all the details about, if you want explanations then PM me but it's too much of a long story, let's just say things are rough between us. So yeah, my options on who to talk to are limited...if not practically impossible. I'm nervous about the whole addressing the homophobia thing. They did make it quite clear earlier in the year that any reports, if they were questionable, would be traced. Also, there aren't that many bi people in my school, and they might already know of me.

And I know I need rest, and medicine...I just can't afford it. I didn't do any of my homework tonight, mostly because I spent so much time looking for vocab answers online. I only have one study hall tomorrow too. I just can't afford to miss school! I'm going bowling with my grandma tomorrow after school and I need my practice, I have my match on Thursday, I need to go to practice on Friday and I have an invitational on Saturday...and that's just bowling...I'm not even adding in everything else...Why did I have to get sick now???

EDIT: As for addressing the homophobia thing, I wouldn't be surprised if on Thursday they promoted equal love. Granted a school/class meeting(s) would be better, address it all right away. Granted these are immature teenagers we're talking about.

#6 Chierro, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  7. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure if I can make you feel any better, but I feel just like you right now. Stay strong!