1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell him I like him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Seanathon, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Seanathon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so for those of you who have read some of my previous posts, you know that I am majorly crushing on a guy in my Spanish class who I'm pretty sure is gay and likes me back. I'm really excited for tomorrow because he invited me to come watch him play the guitar at a Sweethearts Orchestra performance and I can't wait. So my question is if I should tell him if I like him tomorrow? I think it would be a good opportunity to tell him. So, just tell me what you think.

Also, for those who read my previous post where I listed reasons why I think he likes me back here are a couple more reasons.
    • I came over to sit at his table in Spanish today but someone else sat there first. He then told me that I could sit in his lap.
    • Some of my friends were talking about a really pretty girl in our science class, and my crush said that "she's honestly not that attractive". Even me being gay I can honestly say that this girl is drop dead gorgeous.

2. BornInTexas

I haven't read your previous posts, but definitely go! This might be a great chance to tell him you like him! And he invited you, so maybe there is a great chance that he likes you! I'd definitely tell him how well he plays guitar and then tell him your feelings.

All the best! :grin:

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

You may be reading to deeply into it. I would perhaps come out to him first, or does he already know you are gay?

4. Tycho

^agreed. Some people are so sure of their sexuality it can be easy to misread them as gay. No way am I wanting to make you doubt reading people but it happens.

Has he made any other obvious indicators towards his sexuality/homosexuality in general? Perhaps it would be better to get to know him just a little bit better before making your move.

I haven't read your previous posts so apologies if you have covered this info before.

5. Ianthe

Yes, you should let him know that you are interested.

No, you should not confess undying love.

Based on reading your other posts, I think there is a good chance that he's gay--mainly because everyone around you both seems to think you are both gay, and you didn't mention him reacting badly to that. So, it seems like he will, at the very least, not be offended that you thought he might be gay. So I think you can skip the usual recommended preliminary step of coming out to him, and just be like, "Hey, so, if you're interested, maybe we could go on a date sometime."

(Asking someone on a date is a clear indicator that you are interested in seeing if a relationship could work between you, without asking the person to instantly have huge feelings for you--if the other person is at all open to you, it gives them a chance to develop feelings for you even if they haven't already.)

6. photoguy93

For your age, I'd definitely go down the "hey, you know...let's go out sometime" path.

Because even if he's the gayest thing since the 3 dollar bill, he might not be ready. There are so many variables here - there's the fact that you are young, there's the heightened hormonal levels of a teenage boy, etc. etc. So make it known that you want to do more - but also be prepared that he might not be interested like that. I probably would have gotten close with a guy when I was that age, but I know I would not have been ready to confess anything profound. Just take it slow!

7. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I read your other posts, this is so stinkin sweet I was enjoying reading it ^__^ it really seems like he likes you.. But honestly, just coming out to him tomorrow or asking him out could end really badly, is there any way to find out if he is gay beforehand? But I'm so jealous man! And he's a musician, that's like +99% bonus! ^_~

8. orangeyskies

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say tell him! You definitely don't want to look back and think that you missed your chance. :thumbsup: