1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With a Boy and coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tumber, Feb 12, 2013.

1. tumber

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello all. I'm having a lot of stress, and it's because of a guy :icon_redf . I like this guy who is my friend (yeah this story). I've known him for 4 years, and we're pretty good friends. I suspected that he was bi/gay, and when he slept over one time in the summer, we both slept in the trailer, I decided to see if I could find out. (I had previously told him, and only him that I was Bi) It ended with him telling me that he was Bi too, and we gave each other a b**w j*b, and we said that we wouldn't tell anyone. (our friends I fear, might be different around us,(not homophobes)) We haven't talked about this since the summer(thats when it happened), but we both said that we wouldn't object to maybe doingsomething like that again sometime. My problem is this: I like the guy, I want to be his Boyfriend, and I have no idea on how to go about this. Also, I wouldn't mind coming out to the rest of my friends, though I'm still wondering if I should do it while I'm still in high school. PLEASE HELP!!!!:help:

Also, We're both 17, and are kind of geeky, like video games, Dungeons and Dragons, and all that good stuff.:icon_wink

2. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Its a scary thought but the best advice would be to ask if he wants to date anyone and if he is open to dating, then ask him out. The direct approach doesn't always work but is good.

As for coming out to your friends it is good to have a group of friends you don't have to hide from but at the same time you most likely will be treated differently because of it. People's views can be changed be many things and coming out is one such thing.

3. Ianthe

Hi, Welcome to Empty Closets!

Have you asked him if he'd be interested in a relationship? That seems a reasonable question, considering.

If he's still closeted, coming out yourself and being in a relationship with him might not go very well together, in a small group of friends.

I think you should talk to him some more about your sexuality, and ask him how he's doing with all that. How does he feel about being bisexual? Is he okay with it? Talk with him about your fears about coming out to your friends, (but reassure him that if you did, you would never tell them about him without his permission). Ask him about his family, too--how will they feel about his sexuality?

If nothing else the two of you could provide each other with a lot of support. There is no point in having a bisexual friend, and you never talk about it.

Once you have a better idea how he is doing in terms of self-acceptance and all that, you will have a better idea if he's ready for a relationship.

Geeky people, in my experience, are usually pretty accepting, so if your friends are geeky too, it will probably be fine once you are out to them.