1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

don't know what to do....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tay, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Tay

Tay

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay so this is the firsr time posting on here for me. I have finally excepted that I am a lesbian. I just finished a relationship with a guy about 2 weeks ago because I couldn't stand trying to be straight. We dated for 3 months and I finally deciding I was done trying to be a straight girl because I know I'm not. I am 15 and do not know how to tell my parents. I am afraid to tell my best friend because she is totally against lesbians and gays. I'm afraid that nobody will except me for who I am...

2. TKM

TKM

We all accept you here (*hug*). I know everyone says this, but its true, wait till your ready to come out, you don't have to come out right away, so don't worry. And I know it sucks to have someone so close to you be against someone you are, but maybe your best friend will surprise you, if she doesn't accept you it's her loss and she isn't your friend

3. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The important thing is that YOU accept youself. Coming out can wait until that happens.

I first felt attraction to men at 14, officially realised I was way off what people call "straight" at 17 and came out at 20. That's six years in the closet. But still, I don't regret that it took me so long, because only at 20 was I mature enough to come out.

If you think you are not ready to come out, then don't. Unless you feel a lot of unbearable pressure (noone can deny that it is hard), it may be good to stay a bit in the closet and get to know yourself better. When you come out, some people, even those who are close to you, may have a really hard time understanding (not because they don't want to understand, but because they can't). If you are not ready for the confession, it will be much harder to explain and guide them, and that may lead to misunderstandings too.

Whatever you decide, just make sure you are not hasty. Since you are new here, I suggest reading other people's posts. You will see that pretty much everyone goes through this phase. Reading about their experiences will definitely help you in advance. And we are all here to listen to your problem.

Welcome to EC!

#3 Rice and Pepper, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013