1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating, re styling and a lesbian standing behind me with a pitchfork

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by josh9623, Feb 13, 2013.

1. josh9623

so, one of my friends (the lesbian mentioned in the title) who has been pretty supportive of me coming out is kind of pushing me along as far as continuing to accept myself and is trying to set me up with someone (dont know who yet) but he sounds like a nice guy the way she described him and she said that he felt the same way about me from how she described me and for this part im kind of excited but still a little nervous, but the part that makes me uncomfortable is she is wanting to take me to the mall, get me new clothes, pride stuff, and re-style my hair because, "i dont look gay enough" so any opinions would be nice, and advice is more than welcome, mostly im uncomfortable about the "making me look more gay" part

2. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    ummm. well. Depends on your dynamic with her, you'd have to tell her how you feel about it.

Thread title implies you are being coerced against your will. l wouldn't be rushing a 16 year old along that way, not that you can't know you're gay but even adults need time to process coming out.

3. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't need to look more gay that's silly. If she is trying to give you a few fashion tips that can be pretty helpful though! :slight_smile: As a fashion nut myself I sometimes want to give my friends makeovers because some people don't have a clue. And caring about your style a little more is a great way to get a date! What's your style man? Do you have a style that you want to stick with? It doesn't hurt to wear tighter jeans and nice shirts but you don't have to wear the pink colored shirts and glittered chapstick lol.

4. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, look how YOU want to look. Don't try to fit in with ANY stereotype that you don't feel encompasses you. Go with her and have fun, but don't let her force you into getting you a look you don't think is you. That is the best way to accept yourself.

5. josh9623

its not the looking a little better that bothers me its the extreme pride theme that it sounds like she wants to do, i do have some friends that i am intentionally not out to and im kind of trying to let them figure it out as i feel like that would be alot better than if i just went up and said "oh by the way im gay" because they are a little homophobic so i guess it is not that i really have anything against doing that stuff but i dont feel like im in a position where i would be comfortable being completely open

BTW alot of people know her, and even more fear her (including most of the people that know her)

6. josh9623

ok does anyone have advice for if i do like this guy after we meet each other? and as far as dates go what is the etiquette for a gay date?