1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to tell my crush I like them but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andane, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Andane

So basically, I've had this crush on this guy for awhile now. I'm not sure if he's gay or straight or not, but from what I know he isn't homophobic or anything, so if he's straight I don't think he'd care all that much if I told him. But anyway, my school does this thing before Valentine's Day where you can write someone's name and a short note to them (anonymously or note) and they'll deliver it with a rose to them the day before. Well, I wrote one, or rather, I wrote his name and didn't sign it or anything because I was kind of embarrassed, and today when he got it he and some people were trying to figure out who wrote it. He was all like "I'm flattered I just wish I knew who wrote it or that they had even written a message."

Now I'm not sure why but I feel like if there's anytime to tell him I like him, it'd be to admit it now. But the thought of it literally makes me panic, being pretty bad with direct confrontation as is. I dunno, maybe I'm just being weird, but I also think "well, if I don't, I'll regret not telling him and knowing for sure whether I had a chance." And I doubt he'd react badly (maybe a bit surprised and shocked, but not mean or hateful or anything).

Ugh, it's just been bothering me all day. I've kind of wanted to say something for awhile, but I can never muster up courage. Whenever I play through it in my head I get really nervous and stuff.

I dunno, I guess if anyone has any advice or experience to share that'd be nice. Even if it's just advice about handling awkward confrontation in general. :confused:

2. There's nothing you can really do about it now, but next time, I would go about it a different way. You have no idea if he is gay, so you can't just approach him in such a manner because if you're wrong (which no offense you probably are because the overwhelming majority guys are straight), he may get really uncomfortable that you are hitting on him. Regarding awkward confrontation though, it's as awkward as you make it. Be a strong guy. This isn't the end of the world and it happens all the time.