1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She loves me? I love her not...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HP7465213, Feb 13, 2013.

1. HP7465213

Hi, so I searched the forums for a post like this, but didn't find one that was very helpful for my situation:

I think my best friend has a crush on me. And she's a girl. And I'm a guy. And I'm gay. How do I tell her the biggest secret of my life? How do I let her down easy? I know she's accepting of homosexuality, but I feel that being honest about my sexuality could hurt her and our relationship. I'm feeling totally depressed right now because my life is full of many other relationships like this, but I'm too scared to tell any of them. I'm pretty sure I can trust her not to tell anyone else, but there's always that fear to worry about as well.

I'm stuck and I need some guidance.

2. Tiny Catastrophe

Well I was in a similar situation with my best friend of 16 years. He was pretty much obsessed with me for a few years and when he found out I was gay not bi (by going through my computer) he completely fell apart and then tried to sabotage my relationship so I ended up having to cut ties with him. But he also has a lot of issues and could not accept that I had no feelings for him.

I think if you just sit your friend down and try and come out to her and like explain to her that it's taking a lot for you to tell her since you're not out and that you hope she will understand and continue to be your friend.

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Maybe telling her that you are gay is an easy let down. Maybe it would be easier for her to accept if you were gay than if you were straight and just not interested. Right?